"Roller"

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Ive heard the term "roller" on lots of cars. Or sometimes "rolling chassis". What does it mean?
  2. redheat

redheat Member

No motor or electrics
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OK thanks
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Hows your GT running?
  5. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Its running pretty good. I have replace the gasket so I figured Id just take everything apart and clean it real good. THe only problem is that Ive been having to run it pretty rich because it overheats. Its so rich that the performance is very noticeable. When I richen it a little bit, the temp runs like 240-270. Any suggestions?
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Crazy as it sounds I would run 250-270 and be fine. Are you talking about replacing the shim, fits between the heat sink and cylinder?
  7. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Im talking about the gasket, between the manifold and the engine. Hmm, youve never burnt up an engine running that hot?
  8. redheat

redheat Member

No not at all, never even had a heat seizure and Im running during the summer when the temp. is 100 plus. I think alot of it is because I dont run for long periods of time, I'll run the maxx then thgt then the other max , fuel has 16% oils and 20% nitro. Plugs can really have an effect on temp. and performance long reach plugs produce a little more compression than short plugs due. And if your using a plug that is worn it well make your motor work harder which well cause elevated temps. Small block motors require a hotter plug than big block motors also.
  9. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OHHHHHHHHH... I probably need to replace my plug badly. Ive only gone through 2 plugs and Ive ran like a gallon and a quart of fuel through it.
  10. redheat

redheat Member

Funny thing is you never no what your gonna get out of a plug,, some last and some dont. Good practice to change them once in a while, makes your motor happy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.