Rolled paper and instruction interpretation

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by AbysmalPea, Jan 27, 2008.

  1. AbysmalPea

    AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

    I'm looking at a page of instructions of my model and there exists a page of thin rods that I assume the instructions want me to make out of rolled paper or wire.

    What I'm confused about is how to interpret some of the markings. Almost all of the parts are labeled with what appears to be a size marking (e.g. some say 2szt. and others say 6szt.). What do these mean? Also, most parts don't give specific lengths. Do I have to just eyeball how long parts should be?



  2. malachite

    malachite Member

    Can you give us some more hints?
    What is the model and maybe a photo of the page in question. Normally, if it is wire or rod of some sort the length of the line is the length required. hard to say without more info.
  3. cgutzmer

    cgutzmer Guest

    Scan or take a pic of that part of the page - only post that part of the page and we can help out :)
  4. AbysmalPea

    AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!


    wait, i only need to take a picture

    it'll be up pronto
  5. Rutek 63

    Rutek 63 Member

    “Szt” - signifies amount of units you have to make (2 szt = 2 times). The drawings also indicate the size and the thickness of the parts.
  6. AbysmalPea

    AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

    So are those drawings exactly 1:200 scale?
    That would make things easy.
  7. Rutek 63

    Rutek 63 Member

    Unless otherwise described in the instructions, the drawings are always in the same scale as the model.
  8. shrike

    shrike Guest

    Those are full-size patterns for bending wire (You may find the word 'druti" around there somewhere). There may be call-outs for the diameter of the wire, if not try to match it to the width of the line
  9. AbysmalPea

    AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

    I couldn't find any more references to those parts other than the page I took a picture of (excluding diagrams on where to place the parts).

    Thanks for the help all!
  10. malachite

    malachite Member

    I'm not a ship modeller but those pics sure look like ship parts. Friends of mine, that model ships use styrene rod for masts if that's any help.
  11. Fishcarver

    Fishcarver Active Member

    I use styrene rods and tubes, brass wire, rod and tubes, and a personal favourite of mine: plastic coated floral stem wire. This comes in a variety of diameters from 24 guage (about 0.3 mm) up to 18 guage ( approx 1.5 mm).

    The illustrations are indeed 1:1 scale. "Szt" means the number of copies.


Share This Page