Rolled down windows. Credit goes to AE86 for idea...

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by SpArKeY_STi, Jun 24, 2004.

1. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I give all credit to AE86 Drifter for the idea, he may have a diffrent idea, this is mine.

First, with your window masks, (Dont tell me you threw them away!), make a template of how far you want the window down. Use your real car as an example, as in its not just a stright line across.

Then, trace the outline onto the window of your car with black sharpie.

Use a VERY shart Hobby knife (Careful, ITS SHARP!) to cut out the trace... dont cut where you outlined, cut the window around the outline.

There! Your done! Vioa la!. Now, if you want to be really cool...

Shade it! I just used the sharpie as this was a scrap body to test on. Color it dark and even, if its to dark for you, use a Cloth, damp with water (or saliva :wink: ) to rub some off. Just go across it a few times as tho you were painting it. Or you can use diluted Black pearl (for the glossy window effect)... or just buy the stuff made to do this...

Sorry i dont have pics right now... im to tired... ill get some up tommarow...
  2. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

yeh that is the general idea except i freehand mine. be sure body is painted before you cut windows as it is much easier. also i use tamiya polycarbonate paint to tint my windows.
    around 4to5 VERY light coats work best
    the color is Smoke Grey