Rolland C.II Beta Build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Getter1, Nov 18, 2007.

1. exzealot

exzealot Member

Fantastic job on this one! I especially like the detail in the engine.

Thanks for sharing the build!

2. Wily

Wily Member

Quick question

I'm building the Rolland right it me or are the fuselage formers a might-bit too big?

Are they meant to be trimmed down?

Thank you in advance - what a spectacular plane!
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

The formers were a tad tight for me and everyoneelse as well :p On my last build they fit with a minimum of trimming (which I achieved with an emery board). The thicker the paper the more you'll have to trim.

Wow with new life being breathed in this thread I migth have to finish my LK color scheme build and post some pics :p I haven't finished any of the color scheme builds after completing the final prototype, got hung up with other builds and design projects :p

Thanks to everyone who downloaded and built (or building) this model :D

4. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

That is an awesome build Getter1. I'm note sure if I missed something, but is the model available as a download ?
  5. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Absolutely madness. Fantastic as it was, but how were you able to create the super, super, tiny details? You probably have a leprechaun eh? :p
  6. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I have many techinques to handle small parts. Perhaps I need to show them in the tips and tricks section.

8. logicman

logicman Greybeard

A beautiful model. And such detail.:thumb:

A very well deserved

9. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Congrats on POTW G1. well deserved indeed.

Found the download, not sure when I'll get round to building it tho ;)
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

WOW....................POTW!!! :D

I'm speachless :D

11. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Congrats buddy!!!! Well done.

Well deserved too, though the subject isn't my cup of tea, the design work is fantastic as is the build! :D

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

I too wanted to congratulate you on the POTW, I just announced it and your build thread in a reply (entitled "where's Johnny") to one of the members over at Scale Models (where I am now moderating).
    I am hopeful that your work along with my posting of yet another invitation to the members there to join and visit this forum will benifit with some new members. Likewise I want to again extend an invitation to you and the members here to join and visit over there. Both sites compliment each other in the fact that all of us are craftsmen or craftswomen and enjoy the same hobby of building models albeit different mediums.
    Please dont think of this as an attempt to "recruit" but more of an invitation to share yours and other members craft with other people, we have a section devoted to cardmodels so there is a place to show off the craft.
    Anyway, Again, great looking walfish and i am sure you will be getting more replies on this thread soon from people you may not have met before, ppl from the scale models forum, so "strut your stuff, show off abit and make em feel welcome.

Have a good day and you have my email, hollar at me sometime,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA

Congratulations once again!
  13. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Greg,

I did join Scale Models but haven't posted in a long time :p I'll have to pop my head in there agian :D

14. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Thanks Skip, you should give a plane a go sometime :D