Rolland C.II Beta Build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Getter1, Nov 18, 2007.

1. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

Great job! I really like it!
  2. Krzychu74

Krzychu74 Member

Getter1 wrote:
    I have also hope because you did really extra model . Now only well to paint him and it will be great. :thumb:

Best regards.
  3. barry

barry Active Member

Looks beautiful !!!
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

She came out great!
  5. Janx

Janx Member

Looks Fantastic G1:D
  6. Wily

Wily Member

7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen :)

I really enjoyed this project, and plan to do it agian :)

Any suggestions for another WW1 bird? So far I got a vote for an SE5A.

Those are great refrences, thanks :)

As for the engine I have to give thanks to Mr. Marek. I love his Mercedes D.III design so much I use a simplified version of it in all planes that used that engine. I based the engine on his design with enough changes that it's not a direct copy. I don't belive in ripping off other's work but there is only som many ways to design the wheel :p For those who build this model in the future. If you want a more detailed engine lift one from Marek's Pfalz D.III. Just ommit the front oil cooler and intsall the Roland's exhaust. The model was designed to use his enigne but for all the tests I used my simplified version. Just giving credit where credit is due.

There is a more detailed engine out there of the Mercedes D.III that should work as well but I've never tried to build it yet. It can be found here,

Home - Paperwarbirds

Agian thanks everyone for your kind remarks, it really helps keep the creative jucies flowing :D

Getter 1
  8. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Nice job! :thumb: The Walfisch always was one of my favourite biplanes. As for your next much as I like the SE5 variants, I would prefer to see something more like the Hannover CL.IIIa (only ever kitted by Airfix, as far as I know) or the Ago C.II, an interesting twin-boom pusher used for nearly two years on the Western Front.

Mike :wave:
  9. Proxima77

Proxima77 New Member

The Roland looks good. :thumb: As for a suggestion for your next WWI airplane, how about an Albatros D.V.
  10. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I'm posting here to say that sadly I can't bring myself to continue with the beta build of this model that I started. I will eventually re-print this kit at 1/33 scale and build her up - but between seeing the beautiful finished model here and my modellers ADD, I just can't get motivated to do anything more with my sub-par build I had going.
    Sorry :(
  11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Now now lets not be belittling ourselves. This is not one of the easiest kits to build.

For those intrested it will be avaliable for download just as soon as the coloring is done :D

12. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Great build thread and a great model.
  13. loadmat

loadmat Member

Awesome Job!! Look forward to building it in 1:33!

14. SergeyV

SergeyV New Member

Really it would look great in 1:33!
  15. grzechu pl

grzechu pl New Member

Amazing done man
  16. I have tried this method then I found some transparancies I had left over from my work days (retired). I printed out the canopy on that and it turned out great. Now I do all my glazing with transparancies. They are printable on inkjet and very shiny on one side. perfiect for the task.
  17. By the way, congrats on a fantastic model.
  18. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Thanks for the kind comments. I really enjoyed designing and building this model :D

19. akremedy

akremedy New Member

Tim, that's a great idea, thanks for the tip re: printing the glazed bits on transparancy.

G1, what do you use to adhere the paper window frames to the clear "stuff"? I've tried a number of adhesives for this type of application and have had limited/marginal success.

20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I use Testors claer parts cement. It comes in a bottle with a precise tip for application :D