Rod Stewart's layout

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I figured some one would post about this, but since not yet, I might as well be the first. I happened to see the latest issue of Model Railroader at the library that feaures a beautiful large HO layout created by Rod Stewart... yes, THAT Rod Stewart, the musician. It has amazing city scenes and a lot of detailing.

Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
And what's neat too is that he build those structures himself. Many celebs have a model railroad, but contract out the entire building of it. I guess if you don't have the time, but you have the money, that works out OK, but to me that takes the fun out of having one. Those structures are awsome, and it gives me new respect for the guy.

ModelSteamTrains

Nov 4, 2007
stores.ebay.com
Many celebs have a model railroad, but contract out the entire building of it.

Yeah? Like who? :cool:

And sure, if you got the money and not the time, it is probably better to buy everything and just run the trains. You will miss out the joy of building stuff but you also miss out the frustrations too. It is a double edge sword and I guess it really depends on the person and what you want out of a model railroading hobby...

myltlpny

Feb 18, 2007
Gloucester, VA
www.homesiteinc.com
Those are some pretty interesting lists, with some equally interesting names. I would have never guessed some of the people on those lists were model railroaders. Just goes to show that celebrities are just people too. With bigger check books.:mrgreen: