Rocket stands

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Cut 'n' Paste, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Hi all.

I know this isn't much, but I was busy standardising the display stands for my smaller rocket models, and I made up a set of stands and labels, and I thought others might want to have them as well. Anyway, I've posted it in the downloads section, so it should appear there soon. (It's currently in the moderation queue. If anyone can't wait, PM me for the file.)
    I adapted it from Niels' stand that he made for the Ariane models (hope you don't mind, Neils - I have given you credit on the file)
    The labels are quite small, but, hey, so are the models that go on the stands! I made a load of labels for all my 1-96th scale rockets - made and to-be-made, so I've included those as well.

Hope this is useful. :wave:

Attached Files:

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Those are great! Thanks. :thumb: I have been looking for stands for my Kosmos rockets. :)
  4. Niels

Niels Member

Hi Graham

That is OK - to use the stands.

I had preferred, that you asked me first before publihing it - and secondly, that you spelled my name correct in the credit, that you are given me. My name is Niels - not Neils. :)
  5. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Reply to Niels

Sorry, Niels.:cry:

I did not contact you beforehand because it was just a stand - not a model, and I could have easily come up with the same design by pure accident anyway. I did not think you would mind, actually. Sorry for spelling your name wrongly on the file. I have corrected this, and if the administrator can tell me how to delete the original and upload the new file (with your name spelled correctly) I will do so.

Apologies again. Didn't think this would be a problem.:-(

6. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi Graham,:wave:
    I use Niels excellent stand as a standard for all my 1/96 rocket models aswell
    I use marble stone effect cardstock

Attached Files:

7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

say, nice collection of rockets ther!:thumb:
  8. Niels

Niels Member

Hi Graham

Just forget it. :) As I said, it is O.K. Just a good idea always to ask. I would have said yes anyway.

You have done a fine job with the labels.
    :yep:I am glad, that you guys can use it for other models as well. I also use them for all my models - except Lars Folmann's Proton. One funny thing about the height of the stand is, that it is the same as Lars Folmanns (rescaled to 1:96). So in fact - you can use Lars and mine together - if they are in same scale.
  9. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Niels and Cut 'n' Paste,

Thank you for designing and presenting the Stand. It looks like a simple and sturdy design that suits a wide range of models. I especially like the sub-structure that holds the alignment rod.
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Downloading Problem

I tried to download the good-looking rocket stand but I got a message saying that I don´t have permission to access it - how come? What do I do wrong?
    (I have been a regular menber of this forum since November 2005.)

I would appreciate some guidance here. Thanks.

Bengt :wave:
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Try again Bengt. I think it was locked because of the updated file change....
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Downloading Problems

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.
    I tried again but nothing happens. If I wait a long while, then press the big blue download button a second time, I get a message saying: "Slow down! You are trying to download the files too quickly. You must wait xx seconds before you may download another file."

I have also tried saving the file by way of the +[Download Modelstands.pdf] text but that doesn´t work either.

Bengt :confused:

I also tried on Niels´ Paper Models site but all I fiind there are the models:
  13. Michiru-Kaiou

Michiru-Kaiou Member

Download works fine for me, when I click "Download" the pdf file opens in the same browser tab. Then I can save it to the folder of my choice using the function of the pdf reader.
    Maybe you could try the direct link?

@ Niels and Cut 'n' Paste: Thank you very much for this great stand, now I can throw my self-made ugly ones away.

best wishes Michiru
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Can you download other models from the downloads area? Your permissions are set the same as everyone else. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Question: do you have a popup blocker turned on because depending on the file type of the download it might spawn a new window.
  15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Rocket Stand Models Received!

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Steve for e-mailing me the Rocket Stand Models! I´ve got it now, thanks to you. And thanks to Niels for the original (ingeniuos) design! I will certainly use them to display my rocket models.

I like your idea with marble stone effect card stock - I will try something similar. Thanks for the tip.

Bengt :wave: