robs project ultimate 4-tec

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by crazycuteguy016, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok guys im goin 2 need ur help on this. im currently workn on my project "ultimate 4-tec" and its on a slight budget and i want 2 kno wut u think i should get or change sumthing

1. Novak Dually Dual Profile ESC. $89.99
    2. Team Orion Revolution Modified Motor 6x2. $61.99
    3. Traxxas Graphite Chassis set 4-tec. 61.99
    4. Traxxas 4-tec Sway Bars. 7.99

k thats what i thought of s far if there is somethings u think i should add on 2 my list or change please tell me so thanks
    k i have already change the differital and the bearingthats y thats not on there but thanx in advance for ur suggestions and help
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ya I would get the same stuff and also there are some nice blue aluminum Shocks if you go to towerhobbies and type in 4tec it will show you them, and also some Arms and stuff (aluminum) Also I would get the aluminum belt gears hat traxxas makes and the hubs. I would say from what you listed that 4tec would easyly hit 50+, but probly bad run time. Go for 3300 packs :D
  3. i c wut ur talknb bout thanx. are there anymore suggestions
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

just dont get aluminum happy.you will weigh down the car and it will be slow and have bad run times
  5. k i was originally planing on having a full graphite setup with just a few aluminum parts like the shocks and some other pieces im gonna keep puttn posts and pics up of wuts done so far when i get started im still waitn for my esc to come in so it doesnt have anything on it besides a stock motor
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

ya graphite is good.carbon fiber is good too but i dont know if they make any for the 4tec
  7. the graphite i kno they make but i dunno bout the carbon fiber
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

you might also want to looka t aftermarket company parts cause traxxas sometimes runs a little more expensive. ebay always has the best deals
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Get the ESC Novak, RED
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I wasent sayin get aluminum happy, I was sayin more for like the arms and shocks. If you going to be going fast with it you dont wana hit something and break the crap out of it do ya?
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i know i was just saying its easy to start buying lots of aluminum once you get a few things.i wanted a totally aluminum monster truck but i dont know about wight
  12. k i see wut ur talkn bout im plannin oon buyn the aluminum parts after i get the esc cuz i already have a stock motor in it right now so im gonna have it run with that for a while then after i save up the money from buyn the aluminum stuff i need then ill get the faster motor
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well take a Tmaxx for example, alot of people make them totaly aluminum and crap and they drive them and race so I am thinking they cant be much heaver if any.
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

well thats wat i thought but people said it would be really wieghed down
  15. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hey monster, since I dont know your name ill call you that, check out the my 4tec thread I just uploaded pics of my 4tec, which I just painted!
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i checked it out.pretty nice man. did you just paint it with regular spray paint?
  18. minitrucker

minitrucker Member

LOL, break the crap out of it, thats some funny shi t there man. sounds like something Id say
  19. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

lmao @ minitrucker, ya monster pretty much just spray paint but what was cool as I had like a heating lmap on them and they dried in like 10 mins a part
  20. hey dj thats a nice tec i just put mine on there 2 but i still have the body on it. lol we shoul put i picture thread in here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.