Robotech SDF-1 Papermodel

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by ThunderChild, Dec 16, 2007.

ARMORMAN Guest

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Ain't that cute! :)
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

uhoh ... we Robotech fanatics know Zentreadi grow small to infiltrate.
  4. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

However, it fails to explain why they would enjoy Min-Mei's singing...

5. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.......................uh oh I busted my gut:D
  6. ThunderChild

sign1 Agreed! But that's not just the Zentraedi either! A whole city idolizes the girl. She only has five songs, and each time she sings it, it's a "newest hit"!
    'We will win' is the only one I can listen to without cringing... Maybe cuz she only sang it once...
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I dare someone to make the MinMei doll from the cartoon in paper format... DARE!!!!!!!!!!111!!11!!!!
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Yeah, build it then build a Zetradi Battle Pod stepping on it :p

9. ThunderChild

Designing the minmei doll with the regault is tempting... :twisted:
    But then someone else will bring in a VF-1S that shoots off the battlepod's foot in the nick of time. sign1
  10. ThunderChild

Hi all!

Ok, so I was nearly finished with the texturing on the Defender, almost started printing it out for a test build, when I decided: "Stuff it!"

I was unhappy with the legs from the beginning. How can you have a pivoting torso and movable arms but the legs are stiff! :curse:
    Not only that, but looking at my ref-pics again I noticed the upper legs were inaccurate in any case. wall1

So for everyone who was hoping for a quick release, sorry...

Back in 3D land with the model, and I got hit by a big bunch of dominoes. I change the thingamajig, and the doodad needs alteration because of it. Fixing the doodad means altering the whatchamacallit... ad infinitum. What am I saying! I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to! :mrgreen:

Just to prove it's not been shelfed, heres a pic showing the leg mechanics of my new and improved version. You're all very welcome to give tips and suggestions...

Have a good one!

Attached Files:

11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

The thingamajigger is off a tad. I'd scrunch it a lil' over till its close to snuff.
  12. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Just caught the 1st installment of the rerun of Robotech: The Macross Saga on the Space Channel. over 20 years later, despite its dated look, it's still quite captivating.
  13. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Well, I was hopping for a quick release on the Defender but you are the boss mate! Since you feel you have to improve something on it, I will wait my turn in line. I just hope you don't get frustrated at some point and bag the whole issue. That would be a shame for all the work you have done so far...

By the way, you can get some ideas on movable joints from the fellows over at The MechWarrior 3 Community Project :: Index

where they have built a nnumber of the mecha from Mechwarrior3.
  14. ThunderChild

Stev0 : Not scrunched, but puffed. :) That little doodad is now much thicker, for ruggedness! :)

Jaybats : Verry true. I have the remastered DVD set that got an overhaul, and the SFX was altered to my dismay, now gone are those funky sounds the battloids made while walking...

Storm : Me?! Bag this project?! Never!!! :) I'm too much of a robotech fan to ever do that! Even got some of my unbuilt bandai kits out of storage to check the parts for more details.
    Thanx for that link, I'll check it out immediately.

best of wishes to you all
  15. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Macross Plus YF-21 Omega One is available from the site of, er, one who cannot be named... (sorry, the link was removed in the other thread where the site was pointed to due to some "risque" content. too bad, he has a nice VF-4, VF-9 and VF-11 too.)
  16. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Jaybats can you please email me the link? I had one but doesn't work anymore and I really like the guy's models:
  17. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

I'll need to see some ID with your birthdate. :-D
  18. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Are you serious? ID and birthdate? Cmon! If not, I'd like the link to, my little brother's been cpmlaining about a Valkeryie........ and also Skup's models.....
  19. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

both of you've got email :cool:
  20. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hi Jay, I just checked and my link no longer works. Any chance of a PM'd link?