Robotech SDF-1 Papermodel

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by ThunderChild, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Thunderchild,

Macross 2 stuff is quite a bit diffrent from the original. I have the RPG books if you get to the point you need refrence pics.

Check this link out,

MAHQ - Your Ultimate Source For Gundam And Other Mecha

It has a ton of mecha refrences covering many many series, includiong Macross. Unfortunantly there are no Macross 2 refrences there it being more or less totally rejected by most Macross fans :( Shame since I thought it had the best designs of all the Macross series.

Only 4 Destroids? What no MAC II :p ???

Any hope in the future for Southern Cross mecha?

Getter 1
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

That's a nice site! I thought I had nearly all the reference pic sites bookmarked already! Hehehe.

Ah! But there already is a Mac II Monster available!

Southern Cross Mecha I also want and can't get... Maybe I'll start on them after all these others I got on my plate. If I do, I will probably begin with the (Megazone 23 / Robotech Movie) Garland. I always thought that was the coolest bike ever!
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

4. ThunderChild

Hey Getter1,

After changing my shorts I now type this. That Garland looks cool! Cant wait for it to get uploaded! How do I get around to browsing his gundam models? My screen just fills up with a crapload of question marks. randomly clicking links doesn't help much... :)

My destroid Defender 3D model is finished. few touch-ups and it's texturing time! Pics to follow soon...
  5. ThunderChild

Here's the last pic of the destroid model I'll be posting here. I added a little articulation in the arms, but the legs remain fixed for now... There's so much frustration when it comes to articulating the model... The more moving parts, the more intricate the design, and the whole structure seems more unstable! Maybe I'll revisit this design at some stage and make it more pose-able like those nifty Gundam models, but for this one lets just have fun swinging the torso and arms around! :mrgreen:

For now I want to focus on the SDF-1's, finish my current build and get it uploaded, then SDF version 2.

I just cant help myself when it comes to 3D modelling! But discipline... discipline...
    Finish the first ones first!

Attached Files:

ARMORMAN Guest

7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello T.C.,

Navigating Japanese sites is tough, I'm not exactally sure how to explain how I can do it??? I speak no Japanese and can read only a precious tiny bit (playing Japanese video games a lot seems to help me somehow).

Anywho, back on topic. Below are links to all his models (all of which are found through his site). I listed them below because it can be very hard to find them all if you can't navigate the site (it took me a while to rember where they all were since I downloaded them as they came out) :p

SD Strike Freedom

Yahoo!¥Ö¥ê¡¼¥Õ¥±¡¼¥¹ - °ìÍ÷ɽ¼¨

SD ZZ Gundam

Yahoo!¥Ö¥ê¡¼¥Õ¥±¡¼¥¹ - °ìÍ÷ɽ¼¨

SD Ex S Gundam

¤È¤è¤Ã¤Ú¤Îµ¤³Ú¤ÊËÁ¸± SD Ex-s¥¬¥ó¥À¥àŸ³«¿Þ

More parts for SD Ex S Gundam

¤È¤è¤Ã¤Ú¤Îµ¤³Ú¤ÊËÁ¸± SD Ex-s¥×¥í¥Ú¥é¥ó¥È¥¿¥ó¥¯Å¸³«¿Þ

SD Gold Lightan

¤È¤è¤Ã¤Ú¤Îµ¤³Ú¤ÊËÁ¸± SD¥´¡¼¥ë¥É¥é¥¤¥¿¥ó Ÿ³«¿Þ

Enjoy, and keep your eye on his blog for updates on the EX Garland. It takes him a while to get each model done but his stuff is well worth the wait.

Keep up the good work on the SDF and Destroids. I'm looking forward to them :D It's nice to see more mecha on the horizion :D

Getter 1
  8. ThunderChild

Thanx Getter1! I owe you big time! Those models look awesome! Now to get a time machine to stop time so I can build them! :)
  9. Janx

Janx Member

A fellow Macross and mecha Lover we are not alone :). I,ll have to start chatting to you guys more so we don't duplicate our efforts and get more of this stuff out there :D
  10. ThunderChild

Hey Janx!

I want to start a general macross/robotech thread after this SDF is uploaded for that exact purpose!

Also check out fruiz's thread on the beta fighter

My preliminary original SDF build is nearing completion.
    Should be done before 1 Jan 2008! only a day left for me to post those pics!!!

I need one or two expert test builders before i upload it, for some insights and tips, some suggestions on improvement. Janx, G1, Ekuth? Any of you interested? PM me!
    (PS-I've scaled it up a "tad"! HEHEHE)
  11. ThunderChild

Got it done before year's end! Whoohoo!

Attached Files:

12. ThunderChild

Got it done before year's end! Whoohoo!

Here's wishing everyone a happy new year and hope that it exceeds the previous in all ways!
  13. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Very nice, Thunder!

I'd offer to test build, but between helping Bazookajo develop the rest of the Cylon Armor and dragging the 4 1/2' TOS Galactica out of mothballs, I'm booked for the forseeable future.

Not to mention continuing work on the transforming VF. sign1
  14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Awesome model, the shape is so sleek, and your design did it justice!
  15. fruiz

fruiz New Member

Hi ThunderchildYour model of SDF-1 is great, nice work congratulation.although we do think I have a question top model for the members of the forum have the pleasure to run.GreetingsfruizLima - Perú
  16. silentbrain

silentbrain New Member

Sweet, nice work!

ARMORMAN Guest

Very Clean!

Maaan that's a reeeeeallly big Zentradi that has a hold of it! ;)

18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Nice work!
  19. vulcan raven

vulcan raven New Member

Great model and nice job doing be4 year end!
  20. ThunderChild

Thanx for the kind words everyone!

Ekuth, no hard feelings. :mrgreen::wave:

Armorman, my girlfriend nearly died laughing at your comment!
    Now we know:
    When drinking Gummibear juice:
    - Gummi Bears bounce,
    - Humans get super human strength, and
    - Zentraedi grow big and strong! sign1sign1sign1

My defender is in it's final stages as well, just some photoshopping to add hullmarkings and I'll start the new thread. The large SDF (that types so nicely on a qwerty :mrgreen:) is on ice pending the public debut of the little SDF-1.
    "Watch this space."

Best wishes