Robot of "The Day Earth stood still"

Andy Nase

Hello,

I am searching the Robot of the film "The Day Earth stood still". The Original one made in the 60ies. Does anyone know where i can get it?

Thank you.

Greetings Andy

Andy Nase

Sorry the Gort ist to small. I think Gort is in reality about 2.5 m tall. I am looking for a robot who is about 25 cm high (Scale 1:10). Thank you very much for looking :)

Greetings Andy

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The Gort model is a hard one. The one in the movie is made out of rubber. It was so heavy that in the scene where Gort is picking up the actress Patricia O'Neal, if you watch it on DVD you, can see the wires used to support her.

Billy Mummy has kept mum about this photo of him and Gort's missing head. Gort was a polygamist, and the impact of a headless Gort on his wives has been difficult. The picture below is of Gort with his wives in their early years. At least he had good taste. There is no indication that they produced any offspring. This unidentified picture found of an unidentified robo-baby has some wondering though. :)

GORT+%5BTHE+DAY+THE+EARTH+STOOD+STILL%5D.jpg

diego-san-baby-robot.jpg

Bill_Mumy_Gort.jpg

Bhelliom

Surfduke made a Gort model, if I remember correctly. I don't think its available online any more, but you could send him a private message.

Scott K.

Andy Nase

Hello Scott,

I was looking in the mebers list for surfduke. There is no one listed with this name.

No problem. I have to make a tutorial in Blender. So, I can construct a Gort on my own.

Thank you for helping.

Greetings Andy

Andy Nase

Thanks a lot to the friendly ghost. Who send me an attachment. :thumb: :mrgreen:

This is my next project.

Regards Andy