Robocop Auto-9 Gun

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jeenerik, Aug 19, 2009.

1. jeenerik

jeenerik New Member

Does anyone know if there is a paper model of Robocop's Auto-9 Gun ?

I have searched the web and nothing! :sad:

2. bigfan321

bigfan321 New Member

if you've searched the web and come up blank, it could mean one of a few things
    1. your search engines have no idea what papercraft, Paper models or anything of that nature is.
    2. you aren't looking in the right places (sorry if it sounds overly critical)
    3. the site that has it (if any at all) protects itself (somehow) from Search engines
    or 4. no one has made a papercraft replica of the automatic pistol used by Robocop yet due mostly to the obscurity and general unpopularity of the series.
    in any case you could dazzle us all and make one yourself that's 12X more detailed (Jan Rukr-ized) than anyone elses.
  3. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight New Member

I would love to find a model of that gun to build also. I love scifi. You can tell that from looking at my art studio.

4. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

The love of sci-fi doesn't always translate into a fascination with a particular handgun design. Just build a phazer and put in on stun. :) I also liked the original movie & #2 was actually decent. It never ceases to amaze me...the wide variety of interests under the umbrella of Sci-Fi.
  5. blaar

blaar Member

6. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

When looking for a particular model the first place to go is Google Images. Anyone building a model of anything out of paper will almost always have pics. That will link back to their site with perhaps drawings and the like. It also will tell you if you've found the model or someone that just thinks they have it. As some models are the same name without being the same thing.

Hoping to be helpful.
  7. aaronlam

aaronlam Member

I am just passing-by....
    does anyone know how to convert the model from Google sketchup to a pepakura format or 6KT format?
  8. blaar

blaar Member

If you have the SU Pro then there is an OBJ exporter (allso some other formats like 3DS etc.). Else you can try this third party plug in.

Attached Files:

9. mangler525

mangler525 New Member

10. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Well I have a fairly decent .pdo file of it, but PhotoBucket won't let me upload anything except images. :curse:

Maybe I can pm it to you... if you still need it.
  11. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

I would love to have a copy of the completed model of this Gun.

This would be an amazing model!!
  12. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Well poo... I didn't see any way to attach it to a private message, either. :sad:
  13. venom_82

venom_82 New Member

If can help you, i have a (soft air, not paper) replica of the Auto 9 gun, and i can take al photoshoots you want, if can serve as reference image.

But i think, using google images, you can find a lot of images of this gun.

14. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You could just upload it to a file-sharing site and then PM the link. :wink:
  15. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Or even better, I found the whole suit with pistol here: pdo

That should give you what you need and more. :thumb:
  16. siberius

siberius New Member

@Pulsar: I downloaded the suit you mentioned but when I open it with pepakura viewer it says: "no data for developement". It doesn't show the templates, just the 3D part on the left.
    Has the file something wrong? Can anybody tell me please?
  17. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

You need pepakura designer to unfold the model.
  18. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Yep, ThunderChild is correct... I just opened the files and noticed that they are not unfolded, sorry about that. :oops:
  19. siberius

siberius New Member

ok, then... I guess I'll wait til someone do the unfold... don't have pepakura designer