Robo cop 2 cain

PaperAir

started a new one Cain from Robo Cop 2 .Don,t remember where I got it from I think from an old post.It is orignaly 50 cm high I increast it 4 times making it 200 cm high.It,s going to be a big boy.Got the head and the hip built.017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

Hey...long time no hear, taking a little break from the capsuls I see. I just finnished Ed 209 in August, it's on pg 5 under (Drop you'r weapon). This should be fun to watch. I'm embarking into a new category of models myself, should be posting pics in about three weeks.

I guess you're all settled in now and have some time to build. I just got back on the build after six weeks of absolutly nothing. I just finnished a Lockheed 104A by Koncho it's pretty small but a real nice design, it didn't come out as well as I'd like so I'm going to do it over, one good thing about small mods it's no big deal to print out another if they don't turn out well.

PaperAir

Hey...long time no hear, taking a little break from the capsuls I see. I just finnished Ed 209 in August, it's on pg 5 under (Drop you'r weapon). This should be fun to watch. I'm embarking into a new category of models myself, should be posting pics in about three weeks.

I guess you're all settled in now and have some time to build. I just got back on the build after six weeks of absolutly nothing. I just finnished a Lockheed 104A by Koncho it's pretty small but a real nice design, it didn't come out as well as I'd like so I'm going to do it over, one good thing about small mods it's no big deal to print out another if they don't turn out well.
Hi Closet Astronaut they put me on new meds so I,m not with it until I get use to them so I,ve been quiet in the back round.Been watching your build good job on the ED 209. Been working on the Gemini here and there not as easy as it looks that one will problly be a year of work.The Mercury suffered damage will get back to it in the winter when I become a shut in.Working on the chest for Cain will have more pictures by FRIDAY.

bigemugamer

Hey PaperAir, im new and i loved the Cain robot design, definitely one of the baddest robots of movie history, it'll be cool to follow your progress, hope all is well with you, good luck on Cain.
:thumb:

PaperAir

Hey PaperAir, im new and i loved the Cain robot design, definitely one of the baddest robots of movie history, it'll be cool to follow your progress, hope all is well with you, good luck on Cain.
:thumb:
I agree it,s one bad ass robot and at over 6 ft tall it,s going to catch the eye of anyone sitting in my living room.

Z

Zathros

I had no idea of the scale of this till I saw these pics! Holy Cow!! This will be awesome!!

bigemugamer

so are you hardening the design as well with some kind of shell cover? i assume this will be quite heavy as to need a pole or stand to prop it up against.

PaperAir

at the moment all i,m using is two to three layers of poster board and internal bracing on the larger parts.going to finish the outer layer with auto primer with the filler built in .and going to use cardboard stock on some of the load stressed parts.like the hip section.that is going to hold a large load of weight.And the legs plus i,ll probly make a stand out of PVC pipe like in some of the pictures.Time and gravity are not our friends.

PaperAir

Can't ever have enough build photos, until they contradict!
Yes that is true.And sorry I was rude the photo came from Robo Cop Archive they have a ton of builds and info on the subject.The build is by Candyman.I like to give credit where it is do.

PaperAir

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPGI need to go out and get some tubing this weekend so I can start modeling the fittings.I,ve been mulling around in my head a way to make the struts operating so the head moves around.