Robin : the last farewell

Be Sad.......This is what is left of a great layout, built with care and great planning
A pile of "L" girders and two buckets of screws As I unscewed the last screw a feeling of under sadness overcame me , something I will not forget.

Farewell Robin

Attachments

• Last of the layout.JPG
    Last of the layout.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 17

belg

Jimmy , that is indeed a final moment for you and maybe a start to some closure for a friend I'm sure we will all miss.
It has been a long time since you and I have spoken and I'm real sorry about that because our time on this Earth is all to short as this time has proven. Hope to talk to you again soon, your friend Pat.

C

Catt

Jimmy,that picture brings a sadness to my heart that will never quite go away.Even at that I can only imagine how it makes you feel.

interurban

That is heart breaking Jimmy.
Knowing each screw was put in by Robin. :(
My heart goes out to you and Robins family.

But it is done now Jimmy .

jon-monon

Jimmy, as I said on 2g:

knudsen said:
:cry: Darn, Jimmy, that's really sad to think about. :cry: But I'm glad you told us about it. As friends we share the good and the bad. Keep up the good fight, Jimmy, and thank you for being there for our deceased friend and his surviving family. God bless you.

Here I'll add, I really appreciate your stopping by 2g to let us know the status. You did a good thing, Jimmy, and as Chris said, it's over now. The healing can begin.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Truly heart breaking... The end of an era... There will not, soon be another like him.. :( :(

The closing of a long trial by his Family & Friends..... We were a part of his life, he will live on as long as we keep thinking of him... Thanks, Jimmy, for letting us think of him once again.....

ezdays

Out AZ way
I echo what has been said already. A sad time, but we all thank you for sharing this with us.

Will_annand

I cannot add any words, only express my feeling of loss. Thank you Jimmy, it took RObin's passing for you and I to meet, you are indeed a good man.

Robin is gone, but his art lives on.

Drew1125

That must have been one tough job, Immy...
I think it tells us a lot about the man you are, sir!
I'd like to offer you, & the others here at The Gauge my own thanks for preserving Robin's memory, & keeping his spirit alive here on these pages...
I feel honored that I got to know the man through this forum, & shared in the joys of this hobby with him...He ws the best of the best...Not only a masterful & creative crafsman, but a kind soul, who never failed to offer encouragement, & inspiration to the rest of us here...
Thanks again, Jimmy, for sharing...

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I remember what that area looked like with that great layout there. It is a small reflection of the greater emptyness left by Robin's passing.
Thankyou, Jimmy. That was not a looked for task, nor an easy one to undertake.
Pete

screen

That pile of lumber and screws is the end of Robin's dream as he invisioned it but now a new thread and life can begin with a thread of "Where is Robin's now" - All those who have a little bit of his craftmanship could post a picture of where or how these pieces stand! I would love to see this from those fortunate to have received a gift!

ausien

screen said:
That pile of lumber and screws is the end of Robin's dream as he invisioned it but now a new thread and life can begin with a thread of "Where is Robin's now" - All those who have a little bit of his craftmanship could post a picture of where or how these pieces stand! I would love to see this from those fortunate to have received a gift!

I agree whole hartedly, with your idea, I am one of the lucky ones to have been given a model of robins, and when I recieve it from jim, I will be placing it on the Feather River and will post a pic for all to see, I have been told it will be a belated christmas pressie, so I have a little time to make a place for it to live,
Jim that realy is a sad pile of timber, and screws, compeared to what once was... but as has been said it may give a little closure to you and Robins family, thanks mate for beeing there for letty and Robins kids...its not a job I could do as well as you have done.....steve

steamhead

Hi,

Moments like these bring back the memory of my doing the same with my late Father's layout (Z-Scale). I've kept a good part of rolling stock & structures to re-build a smaller (!!) one in his memory.

No better way to keep him close to the heart.

Gus (LC&P).

RailRon

It is always a sad thing, when you have to tear down a layout. But when it is the layout of a friend who passed away, then it becomes almost unbearable. We all know the immense amount of talent, dedication and love for our hobby which was incorporated in Robin's layout.

Jimmy, I know how you feel - I had to do the same almost thirty years ago. It is a terrible job - but at the same time it has been a piece of work which helps to console the family our friend left behind. But, although they are gone now, Robin, as well as his masterpieces will keep on living in all our hearts.

Ron

flytox

to Master Robin

hello ...

This is my FIRST try as newbe ...(make to day !) dedicate to MR Robin..
( chiken box !!!)

byeeeeee

Flytox / Belgium / Europe

Attachments

• Pic00002.jpg
    Pic00002.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 15

interurban

flytox said:
hello ...

This is my FIRST try as newbe ...(make to day !) dedicate to MR Robin..
( chiken box !!!)

byeeeeee

Flytox / Belgium / Europe

That is great Flytox, a very nice tribute indeed.