Robert Goddard

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, May 25, 2007.

1. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I have attached the First rev of Robert Goddards rocket, (I do not know what scale it should be finaled at). Tell Me what You think, (I don't want to scale it to small).

2. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

Isn't a standard figure scale something like 1:12 scale? So where's Robert? :)

I scratch built this when I was in high school out of wire are stretched sprue in about 1:32 scale. Used a small toy man and repositioned him in the pose, and used putty to build up the coat. I still have it. I'll have to post a picture later.

3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

4. Gil

Gil Active Member

This High Man...,

That's the title of a biography on Dr. Robert H. Goddard the inventor of the liquid rocket by Militon Lehman forward by Charles A. Lindbergh. Interesting note to the history is that after the war the German rocket scientists couldn't believe that the allies had never heard of nor had used the ideas and Patents of Goddard..., His major experiments were carried out in Roswell, New Mexico supported by the Gugenheim Foundation...,

5. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I will scale to 1:12th and add Mr. Robert G., (That sounds like a winner). Mike V. is writting up the instruction set, (and I think He his going to put the History info in there too).

Have a great day,

6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

7. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Thanks John & Mike

You Guys are what is keeping My Madness between the ditches, (LOL)!

8. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Ah finally, the rocket that started it "all"!!! :-D
  9. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Excellent! Very nice model, Carl!

Funny, I was contemplating a scratch build of this a while back, but it was a project that got lost along the way. Now I have no excuse!

Thank you for another superb design, Carl! And thank you, Mike, for a superb set of instructions with history...and, of course, thank you for hosting this model, as well as all the other superb models, MOS95B.

10. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

We aim to please and honor!

11. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

1/35 Goddard Model

I've posted photos of my old model of Goddard that I built many years ago. The wood L shaped things at the corners are for a clear cover I took off to take the photos. Of course, the colors of Goddard's clothes are speculative since the original Goddard photo is in B&W. Anyway, I'll have to try Surfduke's larger scale paper one now.

12. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Very cool model, (And the rocket looks good too, (LOL))!