Road Texture / Background needed...

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by jaffro, Jun 29, 2008.

1. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Howdy all...

I'm looking for a road texture of some sort that I can use for a diorama for my Interceptor model, the pic below is the best example I could find of what I'm after.

All I really need is a half decent texture of a road like this, nothing flash, just a strip of asphalt with white lines down the middle, the rest I can probably throw together myself with some dirt or something...

I know I've seen some nice high res road textures online before but don't seem to be able to find them anymore, although I will keep looking.

please let me know if ytou know of anything like this that I might be able to use... :thumb:
  2. voltron5

voltron5 Member

This is the best I could find. Hopefully you can use this.:thumb:

Attached Files:

3. sakrison

sakrison Member

Here's a quick-and-dirty Photoshop of the photo you posted.
    I hope this helps.

No worries,

Attached Files:

4. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Thank you both!

David, that's pretty close to what I needed, thanks for that... I might have a play around with that in PSP and see what I come up with ... but the diorama will have to wait until I can get more ink for my printer.

Thanks again guys. :thumb:
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

The second one is what I was thinking. The only problem is ... the ground has motion blur but the model's wheels won't.
  6. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I was thinking the same thing and almost started planning a doprama based on the scene where the car flips and rolls just before it was destroyed... :D

By the time I get around to actually making the dio though, I'm sure 1007 other ideas will have passed through my head so there's no telling how it will end up.