Road Names

billk

Bob -- ?

Any relation to Arthur Collins, who started the Collins Radio Co. in Cedar Rapids? (Which, after several name changes, is my employer.)

Bob Collins

Unfortunately, no, Arthur and I are not related:rolleyes: I remember Collins Radio very well though.

We are having what is about the fourth meeting tonight of our attempt to start a "railroad club"here in Rolla. There are some collectors, some operators and some railfanners, so I imagine there will be additional discussion about a name for the club. With the approximately 17-20 who have shown up for one meeting or another we have just about all gauges represented and spome folks who like to chase the Challenger back and forth across the midwest!

Each moth we get a little more like organized, so it is fun to go and BS with the boys.

Catch you later.

Bob Collins

billk

Fort Dodge, Des Moines & Southern

BTW, just did a search on google for sites containing dodge, moines, southern and rail (must contain all) and got several hits - didn't go to many of them but apparently it was a real RR, established from an even earlier one whose name escapes me, around 1910 or so.
Leaving for now - bye.

BillK