RN Auxiliaries

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Plastic Bonsai, May 13, 2007.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I've got the support ships, it's the warships in the photo I would like to get hold of.
  2. Me too

Well they seem generously spirited people. Perhaps if we make the models up, colour them, and send pictures they may put up the other models.

Or we persuade Barry to convert the Tarawa to HMS Ocean:twisted:
  3. barry

barry Active Member

I prefer BULWARK but I have no plan to use and it would not be 1/200th either ....................
  4. :twisted:
  5. barry

barry Active Member

Just to be awkward the new one with the heavy forward superstructure and the aft chopper deck and the big hole in the back.

ps Kettle is always on with or without cardboard
  6. michik

michik Member

HMS BULWARK (L15) is HMS ALBION's (L14) sister (->http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/lpd/), therefore the Wizzo Model blown up to 350% seems a good starting point. There's quite a bunch of photographs of her on the net, and maybe Weyers Flottentaschenbuch has a drawing (in 1/2000 scale, very convenient, you'll just have to multiply all measures by 10 :D ).

7. barry

barry Active Member

Goofed Again !!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

9. Sorry Barry.

I didn't know of the latest version. Not 1/200th? What size and why this ship? I've tried to submitting a form on the site thanking them for the models ..... and asking for any info on the Albion for a bigger model.

It doesn't hurt to ask.
  10. barry

barry Active Member

I got Albion mixed up with Ocean for some reason I had thought she was the one featured on that site. What scale I'm running out of space is the problem, have to go looking for shelving I suppose. Maybe 1/250th is a better scale for these sort of ships, if I had any sense I would think of something smaller I do like the old Bulwark as well I suppose in reality I would like to build the whole Navy can't see it happening. If I go at my usual speed I guess it will be a year before I finish Tarawa and I will be amazed if I can keep the creeping errors out of the hull:cry: . Then again once you have done the hull there is not much else apart from all the choppers and about 500 pieces of bent wire to hold up the side gantries :grin:

Why Bulwark I guess I just like the look of it.

Paul nice looking book and I have a voucher left from my birthday looks like a good investment.

I like the Amazon(?) class frigate on that picture as well that's about the right size.

Dreams I guess