RMT Beep

Discussion in 'Product Review Forum' started by Cannonball, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I bought a Norfolk & Western Beep from RMT and finally got a chance to run it on the new layout this morning.

It is definately not built for speed. I had to run my throttle almost wide open to get a decent speed out of it. But hey, it is modeled as a yard switcher after all. It doesn't need to go fast.

It hates modern Lionel switches. It handled my vitnage switches on the outside loop ok but stalled every time on the modern switches I put on the inside loop. There's a simple enough solution to that, however: Get another Beep and run a two engine consist. :D

On the plus side, this is the first engine I've had with a working headlight. I find this to be a cool new novelty. Especially since the headlight switches depending on what direction the Beep is running. The transformer controlled forward and reverse works really well and this is also a fun new game for me. The detailing is really good for a plastic engine as well. The metal handrails and chains are a nice touch.

Overall, I really like it. I think it will run better once I get a second to lash up and run them together. As is, it's a fun little engine that amuses me anyway. :)

Attached Files:

2. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Mine runs well. I have the Bethlehem Steel version.

It pulls a lot and run pretty fast I think.

I dont know about the switches but on the Xmas layout it ran like a New Yorker "wida box of rolexes that fell off a truck." badda badda bing!