RJR Indoors

johntealn30

Oct 29, 2006
Oldham
www.rjroriginals.co.uk
Ive not been on here for a while so I thought I'd put on a couple of pictures of my new indoor layout, its 7' long and about 7" wide housed on the window cill of my conservatory

The basic (small) layout
indoor%20(2).JPG

Right end a couple of weeks later (spot the mirror under the bridge ?)
mirror%20(1).JPG

Left end now
litter.JPG

View from the centre to left this weekend

four.JPG

picture in the middle yesterday

one.JPG

jcoop1

Mar 18, 2005
lots of neat things can be done in a small space.
thanks for the pics and keep it up

johntealn30

Oct 29, 2006
Oldham
www.rjroriginals.co.uk
wabana kid said:
looks great, I am wondering what you used for track ballast ?:wave:

Because Im using HO track I wanted to loose as much of it as possible. So I laid the track direct onto the base board and then used a tub of fast drying decorators filler (all track joints are soldered).
I filled the sleepers between the rails using a scrap piece of plasticard as a scraper then cut the profile of the ballast shape into another piece of plasticard and strickled it down the outside of the rail to give an impression of a raised bed.
Once dry I painted everything (baseboard track fillr) with a beige emulsion paint. Next step i used a chocolate coloured emulsion to paint the ballast area, A bit of green in speckles using the end of a stiff brush for weeds. When dry I dry brushed with black to add some depth / texture highlight. Last step gloss black enamel for oil stains.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Great job. You have given some inspiration for my dormant On30 trains that are sitting idly on a shelf. Thanks for the pictures. As an aside, I had a Landrover like that one on the flatcar when I lived in Saudi Arabia.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
A beautiful example what can be done in a small space! And your landscaping techniques are just great! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Is the little green steamer freelanced or is it a commercial model? (And it is British, I presume... :D)

Ron

johntealn30

Oct 29, 2006
Oldham
www.rjroriginals.co.uk
RJR Dockside "johns Quay"

Pictures from this weeks activities

Started to add details into the office block

insideoffice.jpg

Then finally decided on a name for the quayside .. original hey

johnsquay.jpg

Then the line started getting busy first off a passanger train came through..

passangertrain1.jpg

Then the event of the week a coaster had to use the quay for temporary docking (my dad has just finished his 1:48 RC boat and came to use my bath for ballast tests)

docked.jpg

coaster3.jpg

coaster2.jpg

John
RJR