Rivarossi Allegheny

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
holy jesus sumpter,that was crazy!is that power stright out of the box or is it weighted,remotered,etc?that looks so cool--josh

L

lester perry

100_0337.jpg
Sumpter have you had trouble with the traction tires on your H8s. I had to remove them on mine. During open house I have pulled 75 coal cars with one, but normaly pull 35. This pic is posted elswhere on the Gauge but it is all I have showing some of the train behind it. I'll try to get another later.

Les

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
is that power stright out of the box or is it weighted,remotered,etc?that looks so cool--josh
Straight out of the box. Actually, I had both, doubleheaded on 36 feet of mixed freight. the lead loco uncoupled from the second unit, and was pulling, slowly, ahead of the train, gaining about an inch every three feet of travel. The reason the one in the picture had only 20 feet of train, is because we built a new staging yard for the modular layout, that only holds twenty feet of train.(there is no grade on the modules)
have you had trouble with the traction tires on your H8s
Not yet, but I have had to remove the traction tire from my D&H Challenger.

CRed

Cool stuff sumpter250,I really like that engine.

I do modern,but I still wouldn't mind having all the articulated engines out there.

I wonder if I as really,REALLY nice Hornby would consider doing a model of A DM&IR Yellowstone.Probably not,but a man can dream can't he?

I saw a brass one on E-Bay,but I think $2500 is a bit out of my price range!

Chris