rivarosi engine - where can i have rivarosi engine repaired?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by jim409, Jan 4, 2005.

1. jim409

jim409 New Member

does anyone know where i can have a rivarosi engine repaired.
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge, jim. Golf Manor Hobbies www.golfmanorhobbies.com has Rivarossi spare parts, they bought them out when Rivarossi was taken over by IHC. Customer service leaves alot to be desired though. When I need parts, I just lurk on Ebay 'til someone offers a wrecked one up. What would be the problem, maybe I or someone else on The Gauge can lead you thru it?
  3. Why me

Why me Member

Hi hornby here in the uk have just taken conroll of rivarossi in the past few weeks i have to phone hornby myself for some spare pm the rivarossi loco and the parts you looking for and i will ask for you. if not have a place here in the uk dose nothing but RR hope that helps you.mike
  4. jim409

jim409 New Member

thanks - but i don't know what's wrong. need someone or place to send it for repairs.
  5. Dragon

Dragon Member

Why don't you start with which Rivarossi engine, what year made (if you know this) and what it is, or isn't, doing.

I'm sure with enough of us tinkerers around here, someone can come up with a solution, or offer to try to repair it.
  6. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

We also need to know if it is old style or new style. The old style engines are known for the big flanges on the wheels, and a flat "pancake" motor. The new engines have can motors and rp25 wheel flanges.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Member

And while we're on the subject of Rivarossi, anyone know if the newer RP25 wheelsets can be "dropped in" to an older engine? THat's providing I can get hold of the wheelsets, of course. :)

8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

In a word, No. They've been completely re-engineered and bear little resemblance to the poor man's brass I loved.