Rigby Card Models (free sample)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by 72BMWR75/5, Sep 10, 2006.

1. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Found this site a minute ago. It's dedicated to a British designer from around the WWII period. There's some good history, models available for purchase and a free sample model that they say changes. The sample right now is a Wellington. I'm on a pocket pc and won't be able to open the file until I get home. Hope it's not a boot. ;)

2. 3Turner

3Turner Member

oops! already unavailable. Guess the site has already gotten too many hits.
  3. Worked fine for me, interesting site, Specialy the"space age" stuff for sale
    Cheers Billy
  4. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

I ordered some

I ordered the set of cars. Payment is through Paypal only. I ordered them Tuesday evening and got the pdf file on Wednesday. The models are pretty simple, but look nice. There are 10 cars total, 7 about 8 inches long, 2 about 4 inches long and one about 14 inches long.
    The models are suitable for kids and beginners and anybody interested in the history of card modeling.
    The are several different sets available for $10 or $15 per set. I plan to buy several more.
    Happy modeling everybody.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

pics? I see the site has already exceeded its bandwidth.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

lol way to plow under a site hosted by the crappy geocities. :D
  7. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Just opened the file today. I'm going to work on them this weekend.
    I emailed the owner about the site going down. I'll let ya'll know what he has to say.
  8. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Update about the site

The site owner told me that the problem with the site being down should be taken care of soon.
  9. John Dell

John Dell New Member

The Rigby models are very cool. I recently built the Queen Elizabeth model. It's a nice looking model. I'd like to build the train someday.
  10. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Mike, the site owner asked me to send him pictures of the cars when I build them. You might want to send him a picture. It's possible he'll post some pictures on the site. Here's his email. It's also posted on the site.

11. John Dell

John Dell New Member

I have been in touch with Mike. He is a nice guy. We both share an interest in Gen. Patton. (My middle name is Patton.) When I get the GMC trucks done I want to do Patton's mobile command post for his Patton web site.

You're right though, I'll take a photo of the Queen Mary and send it along to him.
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

13. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

problems should be fixed

Just got an email from Mike, the Rigby models site owner. The problems should be taken care of now. There's a new url (I changed it in the first post in this thread). Also, he joined us here today. Welcome aboard, Mike. Glad you're here. And thanks for bringing Mr. Rigby's models back to life.
  14. Mike Province

Mike Province New Member

My site is up and running under it's own url now. Http://www.rigbypapermodels.com. The bandwidth is better and I may start adding more material since I have more storage space. When I started this, the "geocities" was the easiest and cheapest way to go. --- Mike Province, Rigby Paper Model Club.
  15. NIce site and initiative...Certainly gonna order something, I realy love the sci-fi part, Welcome to the club here...
    Cheers Billy
  16. Mike Province

Mike Province New Member

I just updated the "free" Rigby model link. Hope everyone likes it. BTW, if anyone has a duplicate of the Northrup Flying Wing, I'd be glad to make a swap for one of the rigby models. I'm also looking for the Blohm & Voss BV-141 asymetrical plane. -- Mike.
  17. He Mike
    It seem you looking for "the Right Stuff' like me, it's not the BV 141
    but it's the BV 170, and it's free (as long as you register) on the left colum way down..
    Cheers Billy
  18. ms502

ms502 New Member

Surprised model Yak-3 is out
  19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Free Russian Yakolev I-26 WW II Aeroplane by Jack Armstrong

Good find!

I also got the nice little 'surprise' model - a Russian Yakolev I-26.

It´s a little bit pale but Photoshop saves the day - I rasterized it, increased the image size to 4000, saturated the colours just a little towards cyan, darkened it a wee bit, touched it up with the cloning tool (small patches where the print colour hadn´t matched the outlines and some small spots) and sharpened it up by applying Unsharp Mask at 60 - twice.

It looks really nice now - a little more saturated without taking away the original old 'feel' of this wonderful card model by Jack Armstrong.

Bengt :grin:
  20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Rigby Models

Thanks for a very interesting site - and welcome to the Forum!

All the best,
    Bengt :grin: