Richard's Fokker E-III and Morane Saulnier

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Amazyah, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Alright, thank you Richard!
    I didn't want to make a mistake on the thickness and have to start over.
    I appreciate it. :wink:

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Oh yeah, I will still use your engine design.
    It may not be visible, but I will know it is there!
    Sort of like a Halinski model, with all the details inside, that no one can see once the model is complete.

Thanks again,
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I just thought of another question.
    Should the wing parts 31 and 32 L and R go on .5mm just like the Fokker's? Or have you gotten that far yet?
    Stiffeners, I guess you would call them.

4. Richard

Richard Member

I haven't gotten that far but I'll use 0.5mm for these parts, and I won't use the part that has to be rolled and put between the 2 layers. I'll use strips of 1x1mm cardboard and glue them along the line where the wire(Drut) will be placed.
    When I get there I'll post some pics of it.

5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank you, sir!
    I appreciate your help.
    I had anticipated that the wing supports would be the same as the Fokkers so I laminated it to .5mm as well.
    I figured that if I was wrong I would just print them again.
    I look forward to your pics as I play catch up to your wonderful builds.
    I hope I can build them at least half as well as you!

6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Update at Modele Kartonowe Site

I went to the Modele Kartonowe website to make sure that I had the right build diagrams.
    While I was there I downloaded everything, again, to make sure that I had the current plans.
    While doing so, I noticed that the Morane Saulnier's tail had been changed.
    I think it looks a lot better now even though no-one had let us know about it.
    The lettering has gone from hollow to solid black.
    If there are other changes, I have not noticed them yet but I will let you know if I find any.

If anyone requires the update you can find it here...

7. Richard

Richard Member

I totally forgot to mention that.
    Grzegorz Kusmierz from Cardplane converted my file to CorelDraw and then exported it to pdf to reduce the filesize.
    During this action the font I used was replaced by another one. I sent him a note about it and he put the right font in the file.

8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I agree about the engines. The one is much nicer is you want to make your build look new - but the other one is perfect if you want to make a plane that has been used for a while a weather occordingly :) Looking good!
  9. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I agree if you want the engine to look " used", but it is also okay to make it look " new". I like it both ways but I prefer the silver over the black.
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well, it's been about three days since I've done any modeling at all.
    I don't have any progress to report at the moment, just wanted to give an update since I am feeling closer to normal and can actually sit up for more than five minutes now.
    I awoke Sunday and I was famished. I had spent most of the Saturday working on my models and had actually forgotten to eat!
    I figured I would cook myself a nice big breakfast and then hit the cutting mat once again.
    I cooked a three egg cheese omelet, three big patties of sausage, toast with jelly and a huge cup of coffee.
    Within an hour of consuming this fantastic breakfast, I broke into a cold sweat and the room began to spin. I steadily grew worse as my stomach began to cramp. I guess you can see where this is heading!
    The room continued spinning until late that night.
    All day Monday I was queasy and felt like I had taken a hit to the midsection from a baseball bat.
    Finally, today, I am still a little queasy but a whole lot better.
    Although the sausage looked and tasted fine, I believe it to be the culprit of my demise. I found out later that my wife had bought that sausage a year ago and it had remained buried in the freezer, forgotten.
    I am feeling much better now and am looking forward to getting back to my modeling, but I don't know if I will ever eat another piece of sausage again!

Russell "Check The Date" Webb
  11. See what happens when you build with something other than paper (grin)?

Cheers --- Larry
  12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks guys!

Yeah GB, nothing like getting back in the saddle after being thrown.
    I like links better myself, especially the ones with maple syrup in them!

It might be a while before I can stand to even look at sausage again but I'm sure I will eventually. I'll just make sure to check the date first!

13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Definitely links over patties - glad you are back up and moving about :)
  14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Get well Russ.
    Best wishes.
    Waiting for that Fokker though. I don't want to start mine without yours first. Great tutorial.
  15. thewoodengraver

Hello friends,
    I'm here to let you know that Amazyah (Russell) has been trying to get logged on here for several days without luck. He is excited about continuing this thread and asks that you all please be patient. He will return shortly to Amazyah all.
  16. Odd, that. There was someone elsewhere saying they couldn't log into too. I haven't had any trouble at all. Wonder what's up with that?

I just figured that Russell was holding off as a favor to me. I seem busier than a one-armed paper hangar trying to keep up with stuff like eating and sleeping while also building my first airplane, learning all sorts of stuff, and now gearing up for the TWE challenge. I was quite happy to let my Eindecker parts rest for a bit :) Quite another matter if Russ is having a hard time getting into the site as he's missing lots of the fun.

Cheers --- Larry
  17. Just want to see if you get this, Russell. Let me know via email if it shows up as an announced cardmodels msg.

Cheers --- Larry
  18. thewoodengraver

RUSSELL WHERE ARE YOU!!??? I private messaged rickstef about this, he was very friendly but unable to diagnose the problem and he suggested I message Peter Davis, which I did. I have recieved no reply. Buddy, I hope you come back to us soon...I miss you.
  19. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

If you are in touch with Russell (Amazyah) pass on to him to try deleting his cookies (I know, a pain in the butt) if he hasn't tried that. Also, he might try contacting his ISP. I had a problem once where I couldn't get to a site I often visited and when I called them, the problem was on their end. The site's domain had been banned. They did something and the site was back in favor.

20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I am in touch with him and he has already tried that. I have him doing a tracert. I think his isp doesnt like cardmodels isp or vice versa. Doesnt explain not getting gmails from cardmodels either though....