RGS "Galloping Goose" models

Dan Vincent

Does anyone have photos of their Rio Grand Southern "Goose" models (any scale) they could post here?

I, for one, would love to see the entire fleet available in On30.

Here is a good site for "Goose" info and pictures.

http://rgsrr.home.comcast.net/rgs/goose_tline.html

These models are great for smaller layouts.

Here is a line drawing of the soon to be released Con Cor Goose #5 in both HO and HOn3.

http://www.all-railroads.com/Goose.htm

Attachments

• rgs goose #5.jpg
    rgs goose #5.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 92

Ray Marinaccio

This isn't mine , saw it in person at the MLS spring meet 2003. VERY COOL looking

Attachments

• farwick.jpg
    farwick.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 84

Vic

I've been waiting on that Con-Cor goose since last year...Oh well maybe this Christmas!:( :D :p

RailRon

According to Dan's line drawing, goose #5 is a rounded-off affair with trainling 'boxcar' (well, sort off :D)

Here's a color picture of the original:
(As you see, the (c) lies by John Humphrey. John, I hope you're not offended when I use your pic for that thread ;) )

Attachments

• rgs goose #5 2.jpg
    rgs goose #5 2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 68

RailRon

Question: Will Con-Cor really bring out goose #5? I tried to confirm this, but Dan's link doesn't work on my computer :( :( :(

I think I've seen somewehere a pic of a prototype of the Con-Cor model. (No, sorry, I don't recall where.)

Now, if memory serves my right, this was the other (!) goose #5 with flatter panels, simpler doors and sharper corners. Does anybody know, if the two geese are the same vehicle (one a rebuild of the other one). Or did they 'live' at different times and one of them was renumbered later?

Be as it may: Like Vic I hardly can't wait until that goose comes out. Maybe it's yet another one of the whole gaggle of RGS geese... :D :D :D

Ron

Here's the 'old version' of Goose #5 (in 1940)

Attachments

• rgs goose #5 in dolores.jpg
    rgs goose #5 in dolores.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 77
C

Catt

If you fpollow Don's link far enough it says that Geese 3,4 ,&5 were rebuilt with Wayne bus bodies.So there were actually doubles of at least 3 of the Geese.

Dan Vincent

Hey, I like that ride on little Goose pickup.

Here is a link to the Con Cor #5 Goose status.

http://www.all-railroads.com/Goose.htm

It says they will have a sound card for the Goose. What kind of noise will a gasoline engine make?

Thanks for all the Goose responses so far, keep it up, maybe some manufacturer will take note of all the interest and think about building us a fleet of Geese. I guess "Gaggle of Geese" would be more correct.

BDC

Here's a couple of shots of Rio Grande Southern's #6 at the Colorado Rail Museum last winter. One of the projects was to get #6 built back up to operational condition, but I'm not sure if that's finished yet or not.

I can email you the full-size pictures if you want them

Attachments

• rgs goose #6.jpg
    rgs goose #6.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 57

Dan Vincent

BDC,

Yeah buddy, I'd like to have the "Big Picture".

I sent you an e-mail with my address.

That little #6 pickup is neat but always causes problems when trying to find a small power truck to fit beneath the bed.

Thanks