Revisiting an Old Diorama

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Fred_M, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I was moving some stuff and found an old diorama I did about 1 1/2 years ago. It's of a rod powered old field and the pump jacks pump (animated) thanks to a 5 rpm motor. So I snapped some pictures of it.

Attached Files:

2. jetrock

jetrock Member

sweet! I like rust and dust on a model...
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Cool! I like the warped wood on the porch :D
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Boy you rich people with your fancy equipment, brag, brag, brag! :D :D :D
    Nice modeling Fred! :)
  5. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

No kdding Fred, with that outside backdrop its sometimes hard to tell if your work is model or actual prototype. Great decay on the buildings and I love your street lamps!
  6. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great looking scene you got there Fred!
  7. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

thats cool Fred
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Too cool Fred! Are you going to do anything with it - or just sit back and admire? Either way it's pretty nice eye-candy. :thumb:

9. Blake

Blake Member

Excellent detailing. Great photo to boot. You should enter these in the next model photo contest.
  10. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

I can hear it squeaking from here. :thumb:

Oops! That's my office chair. :rolleyes:
  11. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Neat one Fred but the only pump jacks I have seen in this country have an engine to power it. Too much space between them to be powered by rods.
  12. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Robin, it's modeled after the real thing but highly compressed. I used the website for a guide, and from email correspondance with the owner found that the rods are sometimes miles long. The unit I modeled would of started life as a steam powered pump that was later converted to an internal combustion engine that ran off of natural gas from the wells it pumped, a perpetual motion machine as it were. LOL The site has several great pictures of such a feild that still pumps today. BTW, I looked it up and it was a year ago I built it. Here's a link to the original thread. And thanks guys. Fred
  13. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Hi Fred, I remember you doing that. Great job. :thumb: Jim