Reverse on Motor is delayed?

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by pHaeded, Jun 13, 2005.

1. pHaeded

pHaeded New Member

Hey ,

Just got into this drifting RC stuff. WAY COOL! Having a little trouble with my motor or Remote maybe... Forward seems to work great. But when I try to go in Reverse it takes atleast 3 seconds for the motor to make the change. Is that due to my setup on the remote or is that a motor problem?

Im running a Yokomo BLITZ ER34 SKYLINE Ready-To-Drift Kit.

Thanks for the help.
  2. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

Typically that is a setup on your radio, a safety measure to prevent violant forward and back motions or a brake to allow the motor to slow down before reversing...

What kind of radio are you using, the standard that comes with the kit?
  3. pHaeded

pHaeded New Member

YUP, its the one that came with the kit. I thought maybe it was suppose to do that, just like you described. But I wasnt too sure.

Thanks for setting my mind at ease.
  4. sheepdog

sheepdog New Member

Just got the S15 yokomo car, and mine does the same thing. I think it is supposed to do that, although i havent really figured out a pattern to it yet.
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

What ESC and radio are you useing? Theres ones that have a 3 or 5 sec delay, and theres some that have a "Brake" then reverse setting, and some where half is brake, then full is reverse. Read over the manual to your ESC or Radio and that should tell you.