Return from cheese town

rogerw

Hi all, its been a busy week. With the train ride to milwaukee and the wedding when I got there time flew by.
Ralph I didnt make it to the dells but my niece is going ther e for her honeymoon. Mad cow I waved , did you see me? big steel and railohio got some pics but not enough. Lessons learned, 10 hours on a train is about my limit(sleeper car would be a must on anything longer) its a lot cheaper to bring beer on the train than buy it at 4 bucks a can. Its hard to take pics on a train with dirty windows. Oh and dont try to run down the up escalator (after a couple of pitchers of beer) trying to catch the train.I may or maynot talk about that last one in more detail:mrgreen:
It was dark when I left kansas so this is the best I could do on my departure from the topeka train station.
Picture070.jpg

Picture076.jpg

This is in Missouri I believe, ITs from the rains about 3 weeks ago
Picture098.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Those 18 wheelers arnt so tough now:-D
UP station in chicago
Picture124.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Milwaukee amtrak station
Picture157.jpg

Had to stop at walthers, picked up Track planning for realistic operations by John Armstrong (my brother inlaw in the pic)
Picture128.jpg

Oh ya the bride and groom
Picture150.jpg

all in all a very good trip

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
sounds like a great trip roger! :thumb: whats up with the BNSF logo?is it glow in the dark? and cool pasenger car in milwauke!.so when are you gonna tell us what you bought at walthers? :D --josh

rogerw

Josh thats all that lite up with the flash at night. I got to talk to the conductors about the mu's. there where 3 dash 9's and 4 smaller(4axel locos) hooked together. the sound was aweeeeeeeeesome . all I could afford at walthers was the book.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
OK,i thought it was just the flash and not the engine.that is one big flash then,those logos look like billboards!and you could only afford one book!!??LOL,thats like dying,going to heaven and realizing your just there because of a detour!!! LOL --josh

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
thought you might like that joke....:D so what all did the walthers shop have? anyhting cool,cause i see a sweeeeet ore bridge in that case in the back.--josh

rogerw

didnt get to spend much time there to look around. We where in a hurry to go and decorate the hall for the wedding. Ill tell you for a vacation it was pretty hecktic. but that bridge does look pretty nice

steamhead

Hope you found God's gift to America (Wisconsin...of course..!!) to your liking...and had lots of fun. It's been a long time since I rode a train....:cry:

rogerw

steam head gods country was great. I grew up there (spent my first 29 years there) I love the country rides but dont miss the big city life (milwaukee):):):)

MadCoW1

Hello Roger,

I DID see you wave! Thanks!! Word on the street here is that you fit right in with us 'Cheeseheads' and that you're welcome back ANYTIME. Thanks for sharing the pics, I really dig the waterlogged 18 wheeler.....

Johnny