retodus tuberculatus

freddyman

it's been a while. took a break from modeling so i can get my testing done.( pretty sure i aced them;)) i decided to start these 1: 48 scale critters again, and hers my most recent build. meet retodus tuberculatus. the lungfish the size of a crocodile. this massive lobbed finned fish could likely breath air just like it's living relatives and coexisted with the massive ceolocanth, mawsonia. discovered in the Bahariya formation, it was a likely snack for theropods such as spinosaurus

retodus_paper_model_1_by_spinosaurus1-d8woomu.jpg

retodus_paper_model_2_by_spinosaurus1-d8woq9s.jpg

retodus_paper_model_3_by_spinosaurus1-d8woqzj.jpg

retodus_paper_model_5_by_spinosaurus1-d8woryz.jpg

retodus_paper_model_7_by_spinosaurus1-d8wotur.jpg

freddyman

thank you all. for this one, i used various colors of markers such as yellow, orange, tan, grey, and green as well as a few brown and white color pencil marks on certain scales. i really like haw the colors came out as this was a rather experimental process.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I have to admit when I read the title, I read, subconsciously: "retardus tubuculosis", and think, what a hard life that little feller lived!! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, I see a bunch of "Like" buttons NOT pressed!! No soup for you!!

soup-nazi.png

Cforrest900

If at all possible, you should post templates of the colored models: I'd love to add them to my paper craft collection and the internet seems to be lacking in good dinosaur models. Also, have you seen Jurassic World yet? It has some really interesting new dinos :D

freddyman

yeah, unfortunately i don't have the means to do so as of now. money is tight and the cannon printer i have sucks. i would have to buy a better, more capable printer in order to released their plans. in the meantime, i do still keep them in a folder for when that time comes.

also, i'm planning on seeing it this weekend at the movies with my dad. i tried my best to avoid any spoilers thus far. it would be nice to see if this film could catch some of the majesty of the first film.