Resizing models

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by trekman1017, Sep 2, 2008.

1. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

I would like to know how to resize a model. I have no idea about how to do this.
  2. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

I normally re-size during printing.

You could also re-size in any of the editing programs. In "paint" which came with XP, under "image" use the "stretch/skew" option to reduce the image by a percentage.

Cheers JTF.
  3. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

It's simple enough to reduce...but making larger is not necessarily quite so easy!

To make smaller, you can easily reduce the percentage size of hte image. Whatever program you are printing from should allow for this.

Making the thing bigger is a bit more tricky. If you have access to something capable of printing larger than A4, then you can scale up on the printer. Most of us do not have this option unless we pay to have something enlarged in a print shop.

You can enlarge something in a decent paint type program, but you will need to enlarge the pieces and re-arrange them on more sheets than before. This is quite an involved process.

I do it in the following way:

1) Take the original page as your 'paper' size. Open a second opy of th eimage and enlarge it by whatever percentage you want.

2) Clear the original 'paper size' sheet.

3) Paste in the parts from the enlarged image onto the 'paper size' sheet. Use aqnother sheet if need be if the parts won't all fit.

4) Print off the 'paper size' sheets as normal. The parts on the sheet will be scaled up.

It can be awkward if the PDF file format is would need to copy the whole sheet and paste it into the paint program.