Resetting Carb. Settings :(

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

[V] Hi board people. Sadly all of my carborater settings got messed up on my RC10GT. Dont even ask how.:( Now my engine is idling really high and doing a bunch of weird stuff. I was wondering how to put all of the screws back to normal, at least so its possible to tune it. Please help because I'm itching to drive it, I havent for like a month. Thanks guys, I hope you can help me out.
  2. redheat

redheat Member

H/S 2 1/4 out and L/S 1 1/2 out now after you get it running bring the H/S in or lean it out about1/4 turn. RED
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Which screw is which? And do I screw them in all the way first and then screw them out like you told me? Thanks
    [file]carb.jpg,5021,,0[/file]
  4. redheat

redheat Member

The brass one is the H/S turn all the way in DONT FORCE IT the count 2.5 turns out to start. The screw next to it is the idle screw from the looks of it you have it closed ,lets start with the H/S first , so do that
  5. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OK done with the H/S!
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Next pull that carb. restrictor out of the carb. that white round thing. RED
  7. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

whats the best way to do that?
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Use your fingers or needle nose pliers just get it out of there, next well adjust the idle , RED
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Take a pic after you remove it with the radio and truck on the throttle trim in the nuetral position RED
  10. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OK finnaly done. BTW what will that do?
  11. redheat

redheat Member

You never ran your truck with the restrictor out? follow instruction on last post. RED
  12. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

No I havent ran it without it. What will it do? And will it make my engine run hotter?

[file]carb2.jpg,5021,,0[/file]
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Looks good , now if you havent messed with the last screw the L/S than leave it alone, turn that idle screw cc about 1/2 turn take pic send,RED
  14. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Wait, where is the L/S screw at?
  15. redheat

redheat Member

E , Were still working on the idle and at this point it's open to much so turn the radio and truck on and turn the screwuntil your gap is about 1/32" RED
  16. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

I have to go now, sorry. Ill talk to you tomorow and fix it. Thanks for all your help so far.
  17. redheat

redheat Member

After setting the idle like I described, set the L/S thats located were that plastic arm is on the side of the carb. screw all the way in then back out 1.5 turns take pic of carb. send. Your truck well run faster than it did before. Take pic of whole truck with body off, motor ,servo , tranny, everthing . RED
  18. redheat

redheat Member

By taking the restrictor out you are allowing more air into the carb. and engine which in turn means a leaner running motor which well produce more power.
  19. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Dude, i need to get a new plastic arm, cuz mine is bent so it gets stuck in place and the throttle wont move it. So ill get back to you when i get that
  20. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

And also Red, you know Im not running the Wasp 18 yet right? Im gonna run my 15 lean so I can get more power so when that burns up, Im gonna upgrade to the wasp
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.