Reraileur Road Crossing

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by rockislandmike, Apr 10, 2002.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Okay, instead of my usual smartass comments, I have an actual question.

On my very narrow "diorama" for my work cubie, I'm using a reraileur as a road crossing. My road leading away from it is, of course, significantly less wide than the reraileur. So how do I camouflage the rest of it??? Can't really put ballast on it. Any ideas.
  2. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Take a hacksaw to it? :) Or maybe you could put "dirt" on it and make the slopes that fall outside the road part of a ditch that runs along the track...

-Rory
  3. BDC

BDC Member

Plant trees, bushes, and MOW equipment shacks in front of the offending portions?
  4. billk

billk Active Member

Why do you need a rerailer on a diorama? Take it out and do a good model of a grade crossing. That's my story and ...
  5. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

I use them!

Shane:

I use rerailers. Here is an older picture of one. Notice I use Woodland Senic "dirt" and a RR crossing

Andy

Attached Files:

6. RI541

RI541 Member

I biuld my grade crossings with dura bond 20 joint compound then run a junkie car through it to get a flange way. the dura bond is stainable or paintable. I think that a reailer is toyish looking on a lay-out.Just my opinion.

If you put a rerailer on then what are the guy's in the caboose going to do?:) :D :)