Reraileur Road Crossing

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by rockislandmike, Apr 10, 2002.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Okay, instead of my usual smartass comments, I have an actual question.

On my very narrow "diorama" for my work cubie, I'm using a reraileur as a road crossing. My road leading away from it is, of course, significantly less wide than the reraileur. So how do I camouflage the rest of it??? Can't really put ballast on it. Any ideas.
  2. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Take a hacksaw to it? :) Or maybe you could put "dirt" on it and make the slopes that fall outside the road part of a ditch that runs along the track...

3. BDC

BDC Member

Plant trees, bushes, and MOW equipment shacks in front of the offending portions?
  4. billk

billk Active Member

Why do you need a rerailer on a diorama? Take it out and do a good model of a grade crossing. That's my story and ...
  5. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

I use them!

I use rerailers. Here is an older picture of one. Notice I use Woodland Senic "dirt" and a RR crossing

Attached Files:

6. RI541

RI541 Member

I biuld my grade crossings with dura bond 20 joint compound then run a junkie car through it to get a flange way. the dura bond is stainable or paintable. I think that a reailer is toyish looking on a lay-out.Just my opinion.

If you put a rerailer on then what are the guy's in the caboose going to do?:) :D :)