Request: Reference for Rift RPG power armor

Master-Bruce

Hi guys,

I'm working on a Matrix APU ATM, but in my thread I mentioned a mech/power armor from a role play game called "Rift" by Palladium Books.

The armor in questions is called "Triax X-1000 Ulti Max", I once had the book called "Triax and the NGR". In it featured the Ulti Max and plans of it as well as a double page spread with a perspective view of the machine.

Basically, I'm looking for some to assist me with scans of those pics for reference so as I may design a papermodel of it. It's an impressive mech and would make a lovely model. If someone out there knows of it and can help then please do.

I tried to design this a while back but failed due to lack of 3D skills. I know beleive I can do it justice and can present a nice, large model for you robot/mech guys.

Please help.

Skip

dansls1

I remember Rifts, but never played it. I know about 10 years ago I debated picking up about 30 different Rifts books at about $1 per when the local hobby store was getting out of it - but I never did.
Sorry I can't help.

Master-Bruce

It's Ok. I'm regreting getting rid of my old books now. I doubt I'd play the game now but the artwork's amazing!

Maybe I'll need to go shopping.

Stev0

Paladium's Rifts... I know what your talking about. I have all my books packed away unfortunately.

Triax made the Glitterboy Armor too I think.

My take was the Genre that was created by Rifts to me was amazing and perhaps the best background for RPG's I have read into ... the rules system as a Paper, Pencils and Dice game was one of the worst.

I can take a search online or even dig out my manuals but I can't remember up to what book I have because I stopped buying RPG stuff a while back.

Master-Bruce

I've googled it to death but have only turned up one image.
ultimax2.jpg
I know that in the book, "Triax and the NGR" there's the read-out for the Ulti Max and a plan view of it. Don't want to put you out though if the books are stored away.

When I played, I was always a Juicer with an Ulti Max Power Armor. A real bad ass.

Stev0

triaxx1000ev3.jpg

Stev0

No problem. I should thank you because I found some game books from which interesting subject material could be used for design purposes.

Will post soon.

Master-Bruce

Excellent! I always thought the glitter boy would make a nice model. The later version is less curved but the first version was nicer looking.

Master-Bruce

What book was it in?? I've just ordered the Triax and the NGR book from Amazon. It's shipping from the States though so it'll take a while to get here.