Republic XF-91 Thunderceptor

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Jun 19, 2006.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

After a short break, I'm back to design again. now is Republic XF-91 Thunderceptor an X-plane again with unusual and strange wing make this subject interesting and challenge to design. Model is finish in Rhino include panelline, unfold is next

2. Nice going Nobi, You keep designing those X planes faster then I can build them, but again I can't wait till you finished,,
    Thanks, Billy leliveld
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Today I work on Republic XF-91 Thunderceptor a little bit...I finish unfold all part of model (except internal former) unfold is done with no problem (with zero Gaussian curvature)

4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Today is a testbuild of Republic XF-91 Thunderceptor, I use 150 gram paper and print with laser cannot absorb into paper make all panelline gone :( maybe i must use special paper for laser printer. result is ok but I'm not satified yet.

5. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Thats looking great, good work Nobi
  6. Texman

Texman Guest

With the X series, have you considered the XB-35, YB-49, and the N-9M
    jeep flying wing aircraft? Would love those as well!!

7. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

I agree with GT5500, looking great. Are you going to refine its' tail as it's described by this photo?

From what I see, the horizontal portion wraps around the front of the vertical part (I'm tired and can't use the proper aeronautical terms...forgive).

I hope you use the unique landing gear - way cool!
  8. (saves Nobi a lot of work,so he can start with N9m)
  9. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Nobi........... the linked worked ok for me. It was to this picture.

Attached Files:

11. Nm9

Here's a picture, it was the forerunner of the big YF49, XB35, it was recently restored and still flying today
  12. N9m

Here it is ....

Attached Files:

13. Texman

Texman Guest

The reason I mentioned the XB-35/YB-49 is that there are no
    electronic versions of these aircraft available. This is an area
    where you would have the advantage, with your skills, should
    be and easy kit.

Thanks for listening (reading?)

14. You're right about that,Texman, I also prefer the electronic versions these days, much easyer, and cheaper, and when you make a mistake, just print it again.....
  15. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have been working on a model of N-9M for a while now. It hasn't been a priority, but it's one of the planes I really like and wanted a model of. The larger prop and jet bomber versions are also on the list. But not my design list. 8v) I'll see what I can do to jump start the N-9M.

By the way. I don't know if NOBI is planning to add the fillet on the forward section of the tailwing, but I do know his 3-view drawing was of the originally designed XF-91 which didn't have the fillet. It wouldn't be that difficult of a user a user modification and if NOBI doesn't include it, I could whip it out based on the later model 3-view I have.