Republic Commando

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by CrimosnBronxs, Aug 13, 2008.

1. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

wall1wall1 I am in need of dome help I am trying to rip the models from Republic Commando now 3dx ripper will not work on this game for some reason is there any other ripper that I can use to rip these models

looking towards makeing it 1:1 scale if I can get the stupid thing out of the game or if any one has any blueprints i could have a go a making it in 3d max
  2. Anon

Anon New Member

Use 3D Printscreen and Acrobat Reader 3D

I ripped the game using 3D Printscreen. The .3dxml file can be opened up in Acrobat Reader 3D v8.1.

Then you can save the opened file in as a .wrl format by right clicking the model that you opened up.

.wrl file format can be opened up in 3d Max. You can then export it and save as a .3ds file. But there would be a lot of cleaning up to do since the .wrl file is basically the whole 3d 'scene' that you captured.

I have a few that I've ripped and I would say that to build it as a paper model would be a bit tricky.

But your intention to built it as a 1:1 scale would be logical and doable.

The good part is that the models are saved in its 'action' post when you ripped them by using F10 key while in 3D Printscreen.

While in some other games that I've tried, the character models are in their 'T' post.

The best part of 3d printscreen is that it can ripped OpenGL, DirectX8 and DirectX9 games.

Republic Commando, if I am not mistaken is using the Unreal Engine, because the models are in .usx format, while the textures are in .utx format. Can't seem to find a Viewer or a Converter that can read both format.

I prefer to use 3D ripper DX because it can rip most current DirectX9 games (with textures), and I use 3D Printscreen when that failed.

The main downside of using 3D Printscreen is that the textures cannot be saved. It is lost in transition when converting from .3dxml to .wrl and finally to .3ds format.

Attached are a few samples imported into Pepakura for your viewing.

Glad to be of some help. :twisted:

Attached Files:

3. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

Thanks for the help I will give it a go and see what happens
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive started working on a basic clone. did some rework started making textures, then decided to have a bit of fun!
  5. Anon

Anon New Member

Is the pix attached flipped?

Since the clonetrooper looks as if they are left-handed.

Please check my 3rd pix attached.....

6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

meta must have loaded backwards and i didnt tell it to flip it. so now we will have a left handed cloney as im not going to redo all the work ive done to this point. although i probably could manipulate the hands to change it.
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i can mirror it but i lose all the parts and have to redo the texture maps.
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

alright how does this pose look? ignore the textures i have to remap them. I dont whant to get too extensive on this one. it is a warm up to a bigger project.
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ok sorry for the diluge of posts, but i figured out i can mirror and retain seperate parts. still have to remap.
  10. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

I just got the ureal editor I can load up the models in that but having problems exporting them due to not having the obj export file for unreal :(
  11. Anon

Anon New Member

What I normally do when the '3ds Import' window pop up in Meta is to:

1st - Check the "Move to Center" box
    2nd - Click the 'Fit' bar on top of it
    3rd - Check the 'Flip and Right' box (most important)

That way the 3ds model converted from other format would retain the correct UV.

Where do you get the Unreal Editor since the one that I've tried never work. A link please....

Attached Files:

12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

yea thanks anon. ive never had a problem with flips in meta before. i ussually only have to do that with lightwave.
  13. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

I went out a bought Ureal tournament 3
  14. terrorsound

terrorsound New Member

republic commando YES!

I suggested someone build this, glad I found this thread!!

Awesome guys, the commandos game is still great to play..

I'm following this thread for sure...
  15. treker2557

treker2557 New Member

Keep up the good work. If you are interested though they have many finished pep'd models available to download just do a quick google search.
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

Skip has done a bunch of these and has done a fine job. I too wanted to try and unwrap a couple of these models. I have a couple of the SW games, but ran into some of the same issues as others here. I also downloaded the Unreal Editor, but thus far, to no avail.