[report] Junkers Ju 88C-6 (Military Model, 3-4/2003)

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Swinger, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Swinger

Swinger Member

Yeah, building this model is a really cool thing. 8)

And now an important info for the builders of Ju 88, and maybe other Hal's models too. Though normal parts must be cut along the center of the borderlines, the formers should be cut at the outer border of the line! In the segment behind cockpit I cut them along the center and I had to add a strip of a very thin paper around the former. In the last segment I cut along the outer border, and the fit was just ideal.

I have also decided to emboss the rivets, using a cut and sharpened injection nail. It's a lot of work, but... who cares. :>

2. Tonino

Tonino Member

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    I continue to receive daily shocks every time I look to photo like this one. I NEVER thought such level of detail was possible in paper modelling. I am very amazed. This is a real piece of jewellery!

And, the best thing, I like the atmosphere growing around this little baby growing. Is like a pregnancy, every friend is happy for the baby growing and want to follow regularly the progress.

Let's prepare cigars then!
  3. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Cigars, OK. We just can't light them near the paper models :lol:

4. Swinger

Swinger Member

Yeah, when I've finished it, we're gonna drink a lot of virtual beer. ;)

This is the segment with EZ-6 direction finder.

The designer suggest linking two glasses to make is easier to glue to the segment, but I don't know any good way of linking two glasses, so I've made it my way. There is only one layer of glass.

5. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Swinger

I know its not why you posted the photo, but the rivets give a fantastic effect to the model. Any chance of a photo of the tool you used?

Great to watch this take shape and learn a bit

6. Swinger

Swinger Member

Sure there is a chance. :) It is a chance one for a million, but chances one for a million happen in nine cases out of ten. :) [Who (apart from me) loves Terry Pratchett's books?] :) (or maybe that was a billion? :haha:)

This little tool was grinded (errr... ground? Is it regular or irregular verb?) on that PROXXON thing, if you know what I mean. It is a British machine, so you should know. :) It's a fantastic tool for a modeller, but it is also quite expensive... I borrowed one and played with it for a day.

Well, here you are:

Jrts, you must know that these rivets look very well even without embossing... I sometimes wonder if this very subtle effect is worth all this additional time I must spend on pushing them with that nail. Then again... IT IS. :D

This is a part without the rivets embossed:

7. jrts

jrts Active Member

Cheers swinger

Well I can tell you its worth the effort its great

Thanks mate

8. Swinger

Swinger Member

Recently I've been making a lot of small parts, not really worth showing. Anyway, now I can show the partial effect of the recent works:

If someone will be putting these guns into one baterry, I advise to fit them using the blue nose - it has got the holes for the guns, and if you don't check if they would fit with the barrels, there will be a problem.
  9. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Swinger

WOW :shock:

Only one problem with this, you just know your going to pestered until you post some more photos from all sides :roll: :lol:

Outstanding stuff and well worth the wait
    More when you can

10. _TONY_

_TONY_ New Member

Great Job Swinger.

Sorka że po polsku Ale swinger zamiast igły lekarskiej mozna by było użyć igły do pompowania piłek !!! troche je ewentualnie podostrzyć i byłoby wspaniale . - Nie wiedziałem jak to po angielsku napisac :( przepraszam może swinger przekażesz myśl anglojęzycznym kolegom
  11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

!!(speachless in Oregon)!!

Fantastic work Swinger...fantastic.
  12. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Sheesh! I swear I can smell the cordite.....

Tim P
  13. Gil

Gil Active Member

I hate it when there's so much detail to see and the depth of field just doesn't cut it when it comes to seeing it all. More please...,

Best regards, Gil
  14. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Congratulations on the continued outstanding effort - what a pleasure to watch! - L.
  15. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Words escape me, Swinger!

No, wait...unbelieveable!!!

There are others, but I don't want to take up space where more photos from you can go. :wink:

Thanks and post more photos, please.

16. Swinger

Swinger Member

Yeah, the idea is good, though in this case that needle would probably be too big. Maybe in other projects... :)

Anyway, thanks for the opinions! I'll post more photos when I add the ammo belts and when there is better light (probably on Saturday, because tomorrow I'm not gonna have much time).
  17. gera

gera Member

How do you do this???????? :shock: :shock: ...............I feel like burning my models!!!
    Do send more photos I sure will learn from them. :shock:
  18. Swinger

Swinger Member

OK, here are the photos: :) The next step will be closing the cockpit. I want to make the canopy removable in order not to hide all these details permanently behind the glass.

19. Gil

Gil Active Member

Beautiful business end of the the Ju-88. By far the best work I've seen. You're right covering up this detail would be a sin. Thanks again for taking the time to share your work.

Best regards & thanks, Gil
  20. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Swinger

This is just beautiful work, and pictures :shock:

It is really worth showing. Thanks.