Ren Needs More Help!

bluedragon

Hello, I am one of those beta testers but I can assure you that it was not me. I have been to busy building you fine model:mrgreen: As the last post said this is quite unfortunate and I hope this does not discourage you from designing and beta testing your awesome models. I feel you are an asset to the modeling community. Thank you for all that you do.:wave:

Hi I am one of you testers and I have been building this for 2 days now I can tell you now I have been way to busy with building your great model and Have had no time to do anything with my computer nevermid uploaded it .I would never do something like this as thuis is not my model.

Colin

BazookaJo

Whoever it was can they please REMOVE the file?

I have to say, it's pretty pathetic and can only hope the thrill of being a "Big Man" for five minutes - uploading those secret files they got for free (by simply asking for them) was worth it, as in the future I will have to create special Ceta kits marked and tagged with warnings/release dates etc. just to stop unmarked rogue versions making it out into the wild.

Basically it means more work for me in future. Cheers Dude - appreciate it.

But don't worry guys - this has not soured me to the process completely. As far as I'm concerned 2 of you newbies are doing me a huge favour, and I really appreciate it.

And thanks again to special agent AH for bringing the link to my attention.

Paul.

Amazyah

The feet are done. Just a couple small tabs to trim as well as the bottom of each of the feet.
Nothing major, that anyone who has built a model before, could not handle.
Moving on up to the legs now,...

Russell

I had to trim the feet as well legs are very tricky had me stumped on how to get the shin to join the thigh. busy with the body now.

BazookaJo

Cheers guys

If you could take shots of any of the 'tricky' bits and make notes about the problems you had that would be cool.

I think Telman is going to produce a tips list with photos that he's going to show at the end of the build.

If you want to do something similar that would be cool (posting them as you go would be fine too).

When they're done I'll pick the best bits and put them with my instructions (with your guys permission).

Regards

Paul.

T

telman

Paul and gang, here are some pics with some hints on the build. The first 2 pages are the Foot,Leg and Hand,Arm. Hope to finsh Body tonight. Telman

Attachments

• Foot and Leg pic 1.jpg
    Foot and Leg pic 1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Arm and Hand pic2.jpg
    Arm and Hand pic2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 12

BazookaJo

Paul and gang, here are some pics with some hints on the build. The first 2 pages are the Foot,Leg and Hand,Arm. Hope to finsh Body tonight. Telman

:thumb: Great work Telman! - I can see "Telman's Tips Sheets" getting distibuted with this model if that's okay with you mr T :mrgreen:

Best regards

Paul.

P

paulhbell

Sorry to here about the trouble you are having with rapidshare, not good.

If you still need a builder, I have a couple of days spare from saturday.

I also wanted to let you know that my marvin has now taken 'pride of place' at my work. I work in a CNC machine shop and it has been put in the office, everyone that comes in sees it through the window. It has been sprayed with clear varnish, hopefully making it last longer.
I am going to make a sign out of steel with 'Designed by BazookaJo. Built by Paul''.

A few of my work pals are going to have a go at building him.

T

telman

Here is the Body. Paul go ahead use any thing that you can. Telman

Attachments

• Body pic a.jpg
    Body pic a.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 7

BazookaJo

Sorry to here about the trouble you are having with rapidshare, not good.

If you still need a builder, I have a couple of days spare from saturday.

I also wanted to let you know that my marvin has now taken 'pride of place' at my work. I work in a CNC machine shop and it has been put in the office, everyone that comes in sees it through the window. It has been sprayed with clear varnish, hopefully making it last longer.
I am going to make a sign out of steel with 'Designed by BazookaJo. Built by Paul''.

A few of my work pals are going to have a go at building him.

Cheers Paul

I'd be happy for you to have a go Paul, but at the speed Telman's going + the quality of his bulding guide, I reckon it's not far from being released.

Glad Marvin's found a good home. I'm currently in the process of building an A3 version printed on 200gsm card. By my reckoning this should make it around 40% bigger than the A4 version for a true living room centrepeice :cool:

My Bro's lass got it printed out at work on what I think must be an A3 wax printer. The finish is awesome, and the woodglue wipes of the prints easy as pie.

As you can tell I'm quite giddy about it :mrgreen:

Pictures will be uploaded:twisted:.

BazookaJo

Here is the Body. Paul go ahead use any thing that you can. Telman

Telman - you da man!

These tips are great - the idea of trimming the last 3 tabs on the upper shoulder socket is inspired.

The build is looking very good BTW - very tidy :thumb:

T

telman

Paul, Thanks for letting me make REN. Here are the Head pics of my build.The final pics of REN will be up shortly.
I would like to say, take your time ,look at pics and have fun with this build. It goes together very well. Telman
P.S. Paul let us know when you post it.

Attachments

• Head parts pic1.jpg
    Head parts pic1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 5

BazookaJo

Paul, Thanks for letting me make REN. Here are the final pics of my build.
I would like to say, take your time ,look at pics and have fun with this build. It goes together very well. Telman
P.S. Paul let us know when you post it.

Fantastic work Telman!!!

There's just one thing - the neck support pole should go through the back of the head not up through the mouth.

This is entirely my fault - for some reason some of the markings on F9 have dissapeared on the last pdf. There should be a fold crease on the bottom and a small square through which to pass the neck support (F10) :eek:ops: - You should get an idea from poses on the bottom of my instructions.

Sorry about that Telman - I've emailed you the new updated version of the plans in case you want to adjust your model. Maybe you can make the adjustment while keeping the core parts intact e.g. I wouldn't rebuild the head, just trace the markings onto the back of the existing part.

If anyone else is still building this let me know and I'll email you the revised plans too.

Best regards, and again apologies.

Paul.

Amazyah

I'm still building but Telman has left me in the dust!
You can send me a revised plan though as I'm still proceeding.

Great job Telman!

Russell

T

telman

Russell, I cheat. I build one all way and find the problems. Then build 2nd one, which is still in built parts. The 2nd one is coming out much better. Telman