Remote control build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by, Jun 24, 2007.

1. YuG

YuG Member

Yesterday my friend told me that Kyosho released new ready to fly R/C electric plane. You can see the detail here.

I decided to buy one and after exercizing flight technique I am going to takeout servos, receivers and so on then scratch build airframe.
  2. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hahaha its so funny my friend

its looks like a micro RC

i have RC at home a
    EDGE540 but mach bigger than yours
    i think about making the P47 of jhon from this forum the an RC paper model

but not on this size

u tray to flight it?

looking realy good my friend
  3. I need a Pin up girl. . .

I've been sick and hurt, but am better now!
    I just soldered the battery and the BEC and tonight when I get home, I will charge the battery for motor test. I have arraigned for space on the network at work, so that I can put the video of the first/test crash/flight there for you all to see. (I also grabbed the soldering iron from the hot part. The brand is now on my thumb..ouch!)
    I have nothing but a test video now, but the site will be\george
    I will need to activate it and probably put some kind of html index or something, but that will come. . .(I am not a student BTW.)
  4. I need a Pin up girl. . .

before you buy, check out or for prices of parts. . .
  5. I need a Pin up girl. . .

not yet but and vids to follow. . .if you have any criticisms that may be helpful, feel free to let me know!wall1 I am EXPECTING a crash, but hoping for some control. :eek: On paper (pardon the pun:thumb:) the weights and specs should work. . .I am thinking a bit underpowered tho, I didn't get the motor I want. . .:cry:
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

tray to found a CG of some micro rc plan and do the some on your model

u know what is CG right :p?
  7. vlmarshall

vlmarshall New Member

So, how's the DR-1? Maiden flight yet?

I'll bet it's a real handful with no dihedral built into the wings, and no ailerons!

Don't go crazy with the amount of rudder throw, this flat-sided beastie will snap-roll in a heartbeat, with heavy rudder input.

Good luck!
  8. I need a Pin up girl. . .

vlmarshall vbmenu_register("postmenu_744494", true);
    Thanks for the info. I have put it on hold, I am sorry. I had my hips replaced and I have had complications and am getting better, this week my son started first grade and I work for John Carroll University so I have not had the time. The bird is ready to go, But I have to have the time to go and play and viedotape it. It will be soon, I just don't know when anymore. Infact this is my first post in awhile. . .Kepp an eye out tho. It is set for Rudder and elevator as I was unable to get the actuator for the aileron, so, tho the ailerons do work, I will tape them flat so they dont move or flutter on the first flight. . .
  9. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Sorry to hear that your new hip didn't go smoothly, but I'm glad to hear your getting better. I'm looking forward to the first flight whenever you manage to find the time.

10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes indeed, we will be here and waiting :) take your time getting better and enjoy reading the forums :)
  11. I need a Pin up girl. . .

Thanks Guys! You made me smile.
    I have been on voltarin (sp?) and darvocets and the pains eems to be going down and I may start back to thearapy or just walking for excersie next week. That plus the kid starting school and college comming back been busy! I promise I won't shelve the project this close. While I was on my back I started a website and have been playing with some html stuf and web freebies so I will be able to host the video to boot! I don't want to promise anymore, but I hope before september is up to test crash the thing....:) Thanks again. I did buy some planes from michael at gremir but WHen I got hurt again, my wife took down my work station at the kitchen table so everything is put away for now. WHen I can fight her man to man again, I will stake my claim back at the kitchen table and contnue the builds!
  12. vlmarshall

vlmarshall New Member

Hope you're doing ok, it's been a while...
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I have touched base with him recently. Minor health problems preventing him from modeling but doing all right. We are thinking of ya bud!
  14. I need a Pin up girl. . .

I tried to return to this build last night I had the plane ready to fly and my son destroyed the plane and radio system by accident. I have returned and will re do the build. . . .