remington deringer

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Nothing, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

a peak at my next subject. will have a choice of grips, will open and bullets loaded(fingers crossed)

2. clif52

clif52 Banned

Looking good. I'll need this to pair up with the Colt Peacemaker when you get it done. I'm thinking Maverick or the Wild Wild West with a display base. I'm hoping to buy your Navy Colt this weekend. I like the idea of different grips. Maybe walnut, pearl, and black.
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thank you cliff. how this ?
  4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Great!! Already another one! Looks like a challenge with all the engraving.
  5. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Very nice. I have to say that imo the Colt Navy is a more elegant design though.

Purely subjective of course.

6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Its a beauty all right! And it nearly rocketed to the top of most purchased model ;) only needs a couple more sales to be there - and notice what its main rival is? His other 1:1 gun! I cant wait to see this one.
  7. clif52

clif52 Banned

The derringer looks great with all three handles. Are you planning the same thing when you get to the Colt Peacemaker?
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

cliff not sure yet on the peacemaker. all i am sure of is there will be a General Patton version.
  9. Darwin

Darwin Member

When you get done with the derringer, how about trying a pepperbox?
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

you talken like a sharps 4 shot? got some good pics of this one.

or something older like this?
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

started a test build.
    m95 002.jpg

m95 003.jpg
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

little update.
    m95d 001.jpg

m95d 002.jpg

m95d 003.jpg
  13. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Great work!! What program are you using to do these, Nothing? How did you learn to do this? Are you self taught? Lemme see......anymore questions......Nope. (not right now anyway)...... :p
  14. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Nothing you are doing a wonderful job on these 1:1 scale hand weapons models!!

I was looking for something with this level of quality and detail for so long, hope I can buy some of them next year (this one I can't afford, sadly).
  15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thanks guys.!

elliot-i was self tought in lightwave, but LW is not that good for going through pep.
    so i started learning meta. Jaybats tutorial, a lot of help from SJsquirrell, and self exploration brought things together. also ive been using photo shop for years.
    the 3 programs i use now for these is 1-metsequoia 2-paintshop pro9 and 3-pepakura.
    i should also note that i pick up a lot of tips on meta from a bunch of discussions on this forum.

shftdethanks. that is one of the reasons i started this. i have a bunch of firearms that have been out but just werent what i was looking for. this one is only going to be 5.00 and i have an oddball palm pistol that im doing will be 3.00.

i am actually thinging of trying some larger weapons. ill start with an Ak47 and see how that turns out.
  16. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Oh no, M16 (Vietnam issue) or SA80 Please.:thumb:
    Cheers JTF
  17. xadow

xadow Member

How about a Dragunov SVD??
  18. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

yes svd is one of my favorites. i also am planning the m16 family. the ak47 will be to see how doing the larger stuff will turn out.:)
  19. clif52

clif52 Banned

Looks great Nothing. I've looked at the website and saw the 45 now I'm thinking about all three, but will probably go with the Colt first followed by the Derringer. I am still interested in the Peacemaker. Maybe you could do the General Patton version and a basic version with three choices of handle grip, a standard chrome and blued metal. That way the builder could customize different weapons.
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

cliff one reason im not jumping on the peace maker right away is im not clear on my gameplan. you bring up a good idea though and i might take it a step further. choice of grips and choice of barrels. the barrels being the main difference in the versions. we ll see, i still need to do some more concept planning.