Remarkable Ka-25 helicopter

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Leif Oh, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

"Heinz" over at has made a remarkable Ka-25 helicopter (Fly Model #59) with counter-rotating rotors, plus interior lighting (blue LEDs):

Here is a close-up of the principle behind the drive (6V motor):

(Both images courtesy "Heinz" &

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

WOW :shock:

Always loved this bird........he really did a great job and even made the rotors counter-rotate. Amazing!

Do you know if he had to strenghten the rotor parts in order to keep them from flying off?

Missed your post Leif.............glad to hear from you again.

Y'all are going to make me learn.......Polish, German, and others so I can get all I can from the "sister site". Y'all do some really amazing work and I miss it but not understanding the words.
  3. Heinz

Heinz New Member

Hello Bowdenja,

Thank you for your praise.

The rotors are not more strenghten as the picture from the build plan,
    only 1mm steel wire and 1mm cardboard and glued al together with "super Glue". it work´s good.

Best regard´s
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Heinz...excellent model! Out of curiousity, how fast do the blades turn? What I am trying to ask I guess, is do they spin fast to visually give a blur?
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Heinz! The model does look very life-like with the pilots and others.

Did you place in the competition?

I too have used the "super glue" trick to give the paper "strength" to withstand the forces of turning. Also not turning them very fast helps too!

I put a prop in my dremel and had it on the low setting and the thing started flying apart. :shock: I think the second build turned out better anyway! :grin:

6. Heinz

Heinz New Member

Hello Ashrunner,
    No Idea how fast the Blade´s are turning.
    The Motor is a small 6Volt Igarashi Motor (with less Power)
    there are also loose some Power in Drive Gear, Friction of the Ballbearing,the Rotors himself also many things that i can´t count.I just try and then let´s see what happend.
    But, let me say the Rotors does so many turns that the Chopper starts to shaking and mayby by few turns more he have the tendenz to start hovering.

Sorry for my poor english
    Best regard
  7. Heinz

Heinz New Member

Hello Bowdenja,

Thank you for your nice word´s

Sorry i don´t understand what you mean with "Place in competition"?

Best regard
  8. josve

josve Active Member

Just incredible!!
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

The pictures look like they were taken at a Model Competition. (Contest)

I was wondering if you model/diorama got an award.

10. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Thanks for the information. I was curious if the helo would jump around while the blades turned.

Don't worry about your English. It is a lot better than my German is these days, and I spoke it very well in my youth.

Just keep impressing us with your innovative models.
  11. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Good job. Looks great. :grin:
  12. Heinz

Heinz New Member

Hello Bowdenja,

Thanks for the nice word´s.
    This and some other Aircraft´s are shown in my own build plastik and mirror showcase.some of these Models are also electric Powerd.
    Best regard

Iwant to give a Picture but the are to Large.How can i get smaller the Picture?
  13. KA-25 Wow

Dude that is awesome build, where can I find that scale to add to my havoc and shark? Very precise and very on target.
  14. Cybermac

Cybermac Member

Looks impressive!

I wanted to do something like that in my old Ka-18 from MM but that time I could'nt find any small engine;-(