Reintroduction: Selezen

Selezen

Jan 18, 2008
Derby, UK
daftworks.co.uk
Hello (again)!

I joined first back in 2008, and then forgot I had a membership.

I'm hoping this time that I can be more of an active member and contribute something useful.

Little bit about me... Hmm.

I've been into card modelling for about 5 years now, ever since a friend of mine got me into it. We started a small business venture a year later but since then he's backed out of it due to personal circumstances.

I primarily design the models but don't get much chance to build things any more. The original idea was to design interiors for some of the smaller card vehicle models but found that was way too fiddly for a starting point and we needed to concentrate on building up our skills first.

Once my erstwhile partner stepped away I decided that I wanted to produce for the "quick build" market and designed lots of simple models that could be built in a couple of hours in an evening, focusing on the hobby as something that families could do together.

I started designing, but again there was no-one I could tap into for test building, so I kind of shelved the idea for a while. I switched to designing simple concept board games (of which I now have four completed) and the easy-to-build playing pieces for them.

Again, though, due to some personal committments of my own, the time to put into marketing this stuff is sorely lacking, and so I do the designing more as a hobby for the moment until things quieten down enough to focus on it. As a result I have a fair little collection of models sitting on my memory stick.

I did some card models for the old 80s computer game Elite, or more specifically its fancy clone Oolite which are freely downloadable. My small business website has a free area where there are some models (including one from Starglider 2) to download.

I'd post links to the stuff, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to yet... :)

I've heard great things about the Zealot forum and I hope I can contribute as well as learn something new about model designing.

See you around...

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Many happy returns. Zealot has changed a little since you were a member last but not drastically. One of the slight changes is to the free download access and a waiting period, (Check the rules) It is still the helpful and fun place to be for paper modelers. Hope to see some of your works soon and especially in the download section. Enjoy and see you around the forums.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome back to the forum. We are glad to have you.
It is always good to have another designer on-board.
It sounds like you have a very interesting background in paper modeling.

As for posting links, please PM Zathros and ask him about it. I am sure that he will be able to answer your questions.

Once again welcome aboard.

I look forward to seeing your work.

Selezen

Jan 18, 2008
Derby, UK
daftworks.co.uk
Thanks for the welcome, dudes. :)

Zathros has noted in our original conversation about "how to return to the forum without getting banned" that I can post links to models, so I suppose it should be OK.

Should I start a thread specifically to advertise my free models or can I put them here?

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thanks for the welcome, dudes. :)

Zathros has noted in our original conversation about "how to return to the forum without getting banned" that I can post links to models, so I suppose it should be OK.

Should I start a thread specifically to advertise my free models or can I put them here?

I would suggest starting a new thread that features your models and work.

Selezen

Jan 18, 2008
Derby, UK
daftworks.co.uk
Willdo then, thanks. That was, in hindsight, a fairly "newbie" question, as a quick glance over the forum would have revealed the "Free Models" section of the forum (where I have now posted my first model topic!!).

It's an indication of the quality of membership that no-one responded with fire and brimstone (or insults and laughing). ;-)

Z

Zathros

If you have a website where you host your FREE models, you can put it in your signature. A thread showing what you have (pictures!) is a good idea. :)