Regards from Lithuania

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Flugzeug, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flugzeug

Flugzeug New Member

I’m Vaidas from Vilnius (Lithuania). My passion is the evolution of plane construction, or plane history in other words. Actually I’ve made few carton models only, usually I collect plastic plane models in 1:72, but… carton gives the possibility to design own models in own wished scale.
    My goal is to design carton model ANBO VIII (1:33) and make it available for free download in jpg format on internet. There you can see a test of part fitting using paper:
    Later, if this project succeed, I plan to develop British Percival Q6 (1:33), Latvian VEF I-16 (1:33), American McDonnell XP-67 (1:33), Swedish SAAB 340 (1:72) and etc. The difficulty level of models will be medium or lower.

Design of carton model is Terra Incognita for me, so I would be appreciated for advises. :yep:
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome Vaidas!
    I guess we have all been pretty busy, I am shocked you have not been welcomed until now...
    Anyhow, I think if you build enough paper models successfully you will learn how they are designed and will be designing in no time.
    I started by repainting a few old cardmodels from the 1940's then building them. Enough successes went by and I began to understand the relationship between the "flat" parts and the "3D" finished product.
    At any rate, give it a try! and Welcome again!!!
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome Vaidas!

Welcome aboard, it appears that the usual welcome by the members here fell through the cracks somehow. It's great to see a designer from Lithuania join us and hope to see many more photos of your builds.

Best regards, -Gil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.