Reflectors above boiler on 225E?

Allstate81140

Hi all. You know, I played with model trains as a kid for a long time, and have been around real train museums many times. However, since they were broken off my old engine, what are those above the boiler, and to the left and right of the headlight on the 225E loco----lights, or just reflectors? In other words, if it was a real loco, what are they? I know it is a dumb question, and I should know, but been away from trains for many years.

Thanks for any information. All have a great evening. Jack.

Allstate81140

Hi Tyson and all. These things I am speaking of have like a green reflector in them on the 225E I just purchased. They look almost like on a real train they would turn. Look almost like lanterns.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I know I didn't give a very good description.

All have a good one out there. Jack.

NYC-BKO

Jack, What you are talking about are the marker lights. Lionel put green jewels in theirs. On the real thing, green meant an advance section of a train, white was for an extra, red denoted the rear end, usually. If it was a scheduled train no markers were used. Hope this helps.

Allstate81140

Hi Brian and all. Yeah Brian, right on. Thanks for the reply and information. Was just real curious. Got to learn all over again.

Thanks again. Jack.