Red Neck Motor Home

Discussion in 'The Academy' started by TrainClown, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babydot94513

babydot94513 Member in training

You must be a redneck if you model this stuff<g>

BTW - really cool stuff and I am going to pass this along to my model club to see if any of the guys want to try their hand at the same. As for me - I am not this good.
  2. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

:wave: :wave: Looking good.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  3. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member

Very nice! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I especially like the in the world do you make something that small?
  4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Simply fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Yeeehaw - that's amazing Chris!! :thumb: :thumb:

After all that work it must be time to set a spell.

6. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Hi, it's me again. Lets see if we can wrap this up.

On went the roof and it looked like this.

The chimney and part of the tar paper roof. Still needs some powders to add tone.

I put the exhaust on and I found out that it is not a good idea to put CA glue on wood as it bleeds uncontrollably. Still needs weathering.

I made an antenna out of some fine brass wire and a styrene rod.

One to show how things are shaping up over all. You will notice the chair and banjo is on the back porch.

Now you may have noticed that I haven't posted for a while. I still have been getting things done a bit at a time. Perhaps I'm not completely done on this build, but I am saying that's enough for now. There are a few more things to add once this gets a home on a new diorama I am planning, but in the meantime, I have a few surprizes for you followers of this thread.

Here's the mobile real estate.

Out front there is a patch on the edge of the roof, rust on the grill and bolts to hold everything in place.

Here is the whole passenger side. Everybody needs a ladder, you know.

I never did get flowers for the window box.

The back porch has a few things added. That's a corn liquor jug beside the chair. My printer is such a piece of junk that this is the best licence plate I could print.

I made the lamp. Turned it out of styrene. The shade is tin foil.

A joke I made for you guys.

Every modern motorhome has a Biffy, well so does this one!

Of course, a trailer like this needs the correct coupling to the main rig. :rolleyes:

I was having so much fun turning things out of styrene. I also made the following, except for the milk can for the sour mash.

I had fun making jugs.

The whole shootin' match ready for the diorama.

So there you have it. This goes in the "Done" pile for now. I hope you enjoyed my little surprizes.

One more obligitory "With a penny for scale" pic.

Thanks fer lookin' Happy Easter

TrainClown :wave:
  7. nachoman

nachoman Guest

holy cow! this stuff is cool! I once saw the untimate hippy wagon - a schoolbus with a VW bus chopped and welded to the top. I always thought that would make an interesting model.

8. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Great work, Chris. Now that's what I'd call a real honey-wagon on the end of that long towbar. I really like the details that you've made, too. How'dya do them thar likker jugs?

9. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hey Chris, with this one you simply outdid yourself! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Finding a crazy prototype is one thing - but what you made out of it is just hilarious! I like every little detail of this redneck motorhome - fantastic modelling!

10. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

Hey TC, I guess I'm going to have to join the group of little green persons. The modeling job you have done on this turned me into a putrid shade of envy green. That is absolutely beautiful.:D :D

11. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

:wave: :wave: Oh My Gosh.sign1 sign1 sign1 That outhouse outdid everything.. It All looks good Ron.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  12. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

I'm with Dick on this one.sign1 sign1 The whole project is great - but the rolling out house just sets it apart from anything else that I've seen. Very nice work, Chris.
  13. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I gotta say somthing, but words escape me and there isn't much that hasn't been said already. Fantastic, hillarious, totally original are a few that come to mind, but don't seem to be enough. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  14. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Absolutely marvelous! Great modelling, and a fantastic sense of humour too...! :thumb: :thumb:

15. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Thank you all for your kind words. That makes it all worthwhile. I think I know how I will use this model. Just wait and see. ;)

16. 2slim

2slim Member

That's the best 'Hillbilly Hilton' I most ever seen!!!!

17. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

Small stuff!!

Just hold your breath, and exhale off to the side!!:D :D :D
  18. dcf56

dcf56 New Member

Hey, this is just too funny. May have to build one for myself. Maybe place it on club layout. it would look great with a bunch of hobo's around it. dcf56
  19. b28_82

b28_82 Member

I love the pic axe and shovel on the mobile outhouse!!!
  20. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

:thumb: TrainClown, I tip my hat to you.:thumb:

VERY WELL DONE!:thumb: :thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.