Recommendations for 1st WW2 1/33 Aircraft ?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cts125, Mar 4, 2007.

1. cts125

cts125 New Member

I'm a relative newcomer to card modeling and would like to try one of the commercial WW2 1/33 models. I've built a few free aircraft and have built many plastic kits.
    I've been impressed with the work I've seen on this forum but don't know what model(s) and manufacturers would be a good start point. I've tried to read the reviews but it gets pretty overwhelming.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Charles T.
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I think one of the best places to break into card modeling would be
    These models are mostly simple to medium in difficulty.

The next step up would be Nobi's wonderful models.
    You can find a link to his site on card models homepage, down the right hand side look for ThaiPaperwork.
    Nobi's motto is "Easy but beautiful!" He fills the bill in that respect.
    You can get to learn all of your basic cardmodeling skills here and have some really nice looking models to boot.

From there I would graduate up to Dwayne Barnett's selections.
    You will find his link on the home page as well, at the top of the list on the left hand side..
    DeWayne has a great mixture of all levels of difficulty and all are top quality models.

Hope this helps a little as I know everyone has their own opinion but I'm sure most will echo my sentiments.

Good luck to you, have fun, and see you around the forums!

3. JustForFun

JustForFun Member

I like the ModelArt kits. Not too difficult, but look GREAT!!
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

What types of planes/countries you most interested in? :)
  5. sakrison

sakrison Member

Ralph Currell's free V-1 Buzz Bomb is a relatively simple kit with 1st class instructions and drawings. It will teach you a lot of basic techniques and makes a very display model. Maly Modelart's "Kate" Japanese torpedo bomber is a beautifully designed kit. So is Fly-Model's Ki-45 Toryu. Maly Modelarz' Ju-87 Stuka was one of the first commercial kits I built and still stands up well. It also includes a Natter and Buzz bomb (which I haven't built). It's hard to go wrong with GPM kits--look for Difficulty level 2 (see below);

And if you narrow it down to 4 or 5 kits you think you'd like to build, come back and ask for opinions from this group. One thing we do not lack is opinions.:mrgreen:

Have fun! It's a great hobby!

Attached Files:

6. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Indeed very "precise card model".
    You can also try Betexa models.