Recolor Ninjatoe's MK II Viper

blake7

This is a recolor of Ninjatoe's original MK II Viper. Some of my recolors are based on BJ-023 2D paint schemes. I have permission from both. The first recolor is the Caprica Police Viper. Here are two pictures of the finished build. Ninjatoe sent me an e-mail giving his approval to upload the first model, and he will be adding it on his web site thursday or friday.

IMG_20141109_123736.jpg IMG_20141109_123928.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You should add a re-scaled version of UHU02's Viper cockpit interior to your builds..! :rolleyes:

blake7

Thought about it, but for now just getting the recolors done. I think I would have a little trouble doing it for my Turbokat Viper because it has a two seats.

2014-11-13_1327.png

blake7

I have some news concerning the recolored Vipers. First of all the Police Viper in the downloads will build just like it looks in the picture, but Revell Fan showed me that it was a low resolution, had a slight smudge effect going on with the templates that I saved in letter format, but Ninjatoe's original templates are saved as A4 format. Revell Fan and me have been redoing all the Viper templates to a higher resolution, and saving them to A4 format for printing. The updated Police Viper is ready, but I am out of ink, and paper, so I can't send it toNinjatoe without a picture of what it looks like built. Below is two pictures from each template. The first is from my original Police Viper, while the second is from the updated higher resolution template that Revell Fan helped create.

2014-11-17_1259.png 2014-11-17_1300.png

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The new kit looks much better!!!
I am looking forward to its release.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@blake7 : You are always welcome, buddy! :)

These new Viper designs deserve a state-of-the-art finish and without your spear-heading approach this whole project surely wouldn't have been possible (at least not at this moment ;) ). It is great to know that the fans will get an improved pattern. I'm enjoying this whole project so much and I am glad to help. Furthermore, you have made me continue the recolouring tutorial I have been working on since Rhaven and I have begun recolouring the Thunderfighter templates. Because of you this tut will be far more sophisticated and elaborate than what I first had in mind. The first draft dealt with recolouring the Thunderfighter templates only. The revised and enhanced version will become much more informative and feature chapters on which programs are to be used, how to work with PDF files, the dangers of working with screenshots and and and. I will start a thread on it as soon as I have written a suitable introductory chapter.

BTW, I'm chomping at the NASA version..! ;)

blake7

UPDATE: I know it has been awhile, but two weeks before the first of this month my monitor BLEW. I ordered a new "used" one off E-Bay and as you can see I am back online. The day before it blew I sent the last two templates for the NASA viper to Revell Fan for his special touch to finish them, and then the NASA viper will be ready. While I was waiting for my monitor I finished building the low resolution NASA, and Turbokat vipers not only to keep busy, but to see if any changes need done and to see how they look because the turbokat was only in my mind how I thought it would look. I took pictures of both and all the vipers I have built so far except the police library printed one where the ink flaked off in places. I still have the General Lee viper to build and all the low resolution vipers will be built. I have ordered ink and paper, so I can build the high resolution vipers as Revell Fan and I finish the templates, so hopefully it won't be long before everyone interested can download them after I get approval from Ninjatoe. Sorry about the last picture, but my cell phone is not the greatest.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I have to say that these look good.
They are quite interesting indeed!
I am looking forward to seeing more of them.

blake7

Thought I would be posting the finished low resolution "General Lee" viper, but my wife had something else planned. Our son is head over heels for his girl friend, and wanted to give her something special, so my wife suggested making the rose like I gave her two years ago for Valentine's day. He is going to give it to her tomorrow before Christmas vacation. Below are pictures of the rose. I got it from Creative Parks. I used a heavier paper than it calls for , but everybody likes it.

01.jpg 02.jpg

blake7

Here is the last of the low resolution vipers. Introducing the "General Lee" viper. From here on it will be only high resolution vipers, which Ninjatoe approves before I post each model, and place it in the downloads.

04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Even for it being a low res model, it still looks good.
I like it!!!