reciever

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ok i put my evader back together today at school and i went to use it and i had no steering. its soemthing to do with the reciever. channel 2 works fine but chanele one doesnt work at all. it worked before i changed the antenna wire. i think maybe i fried something because it doesnt look like the solder is touching anything else. its a traxxas reciever if that helps. thanx for any help
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

Try another receiver if you can and if the steering works with the new receiver then you most likely have ruined your original one.
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i tried another reciever and it worked. does anyone know exactly whats worng with it because i would liek to just fix it instead of buying a new one
  4. Maybe spray some contact cleaner on channel one and on the plug
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

ok ill try that. thanx
  6. Steve M

Steve M Member

The miniaturization and surface mount technology that goes into today's electronics makes it all but impossible to repair damaged electronics. Your best bet is to buy a new receiver.
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

ya iv'e tried to desolder surface mount components at schoola nd it is a pain in the ass. i end up over heating the board practically everytime. i'll just buy a new one. its a cheap traxxas one and im running my friends stick radio system right now which is pretty fun
  8. RC King

RC King Member

9. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i got a new one dude but thanx anyway
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.