Recent photos from York Railway Modellers Club

msowsun

Since I got my DSLR I have been more into photography than modelling. Here are a few photos from the club on friday as I followed around a CPR Pacific:

image02.jpg

image03.jpg

image04.jpg

image05.jpg

image06.jpg

image07.jpg

image08.jpg

image09.jpg

image10.jpg

image11.jpg

image12.jpg

image13.jpg

image14.jpg

image15.jpg

image17.jpg

image18.jpg

image19.jpg

image20.jpg

image21.jpg

N

nachoman

HeyHey! those are fantastic! Especially those last two.

Kevin

nkp174

Cool. I thought it was going to be OO when I saw York...I now see that it is York, Ontario :) My family name sure is a common town name...York.

Edit: Love the hand laid track...and the turnouts. The switch points look great!

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Those last two pics are just what i picture when i was told stories of the rail line that used to pass through my family farm. Thanks for that.

nkp174

It is a very nice looking layout. I love the royal hudson on the club's web page. I'm a major proponent of steam era modeling...so I love seeing a club with that era. If I lived in Toronto...

I noticed that it was handlaid as my first thought upon looking at your pictures was: wow, their track looks great. I wonder what rail size and brand it is...oh there are the handlaid spikes...no wonder it looks soooo nice! I strongly prefer to hand lay all of my track...I find it fun, cheap, and I think it looks more natural. I wish more people would try it as it is so much easier than people think.

Your new camera is evidently quite nice. Your pictures are well lit and crisp...it really is effective for showing off that super detailed caboose.

msowsun

I should point out that the most of the mainline is acutally code 70 Micro Engineering flextrack. Just the yards and turnouts are handlaid code 70.

galt904

Are you a member of that club? Do you have any more photos of the Galt station or some of the Woodstock station? Do you know how they built the models of those stations?

msowsun

Yes, I am a member of the club. All the stations were scratchbuilt by one member. (Mike Mason) He used a using a plaster casting technique for the larger stations. Here are some more potos stations taken before I got the DSLR:

Streetsville
image01.jpg

image02.jpg

Baden
image03.jpg

image04.jpg

Woodstock
image05.jpg

image06.jpg

image07.jpg

image08.jpg

image09.jpg

image10.jpg

Galt
image11.jpg

image12.jpg

image13.jpg

nkp174

I thought it looked like Code 70...which is what I intend to use for 105lb HO rail and 35lb On3 rail.

Your club has both wise and skilled modelers. And a rare CN hudson! I like Baden and Woodstock in particular.

galt904

The Woodstock station and it's surrounding area is replicated quite well on the layout, judging from the pictures, except for maybe the trackage and amount of greenery. Thanks for posting the pics. :)

w8jy

Thanks for letting us see an outstanding layout! The photography is excellent. It is obvious that you have a group of skilled hobbyists who pay close attention to detail.

Those pictures almost make me want to move from the boondocks so I could find a club!