reccomendations requested

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by paulnz, Jan 7, 2007.

1. paulnz

paulnz New Member

looking for a new project peice, im sorta new to card modeling as .. i didnt really know how big it was. i stumble onto the yamaha site and have done 3 of the bikes from there, and the yz1 in 3 sizes a4 & up.

what id like is some suggestions as to a challenging project, im not sure how the yamaha models rate for complexity, it was 20+ pages of parts from memory and was great fun to do.

a plane, or a ship would be nice, even a military vehicle.
    do you know of something that might suit?

i see lots of great models in the reviews & gallary but may dont indicate where they are from or if they are free or not.

note, free would be nice, but if its a quality prodcut for download, im happy to buy one. even then, do most not come in downloadable form, or just free ones? iv seen threads on suppliers, the english translations etc.. all making it a bit daunting

Paul, in New zealand
  2. rowiac

rowiac Member

I'd say the Yamaha motorcycle models are medium-low difficulty. They are well designed, fun to build and look good, but they don't have the detail and tiny parts of some the Polish tank and ship models that I would rate as difficult.

If you want to try a reasonably challenging plane, you can try the free models at . I haven't built any of these yet, but they look pretty good, and they're free.

If you want to try a detailed car, you could try the large scale Subaru WRC2006 at or the Aston Martin DBR-9 at

These are just a few free ones that I could think of off the top of my head. If you want purchase models, there are many many more choices.

Have fun!

3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

try the Stuart or the Caterpillar from konradus