Rebuilding the Old Plant

TexDoc

This is the third layout the plant, in some form, has functioned. The part that make up the entire scene are mostly 12-15 years old and have been salvaged and re-used, as they are here.
New modelers, never throw away anything. Save every scrap, every leftover part.

Pic-4.jpg

Pic-6.jpg

Pic-5.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW awesome !!!!!!! I love the colors on the plant. Looks great too. I like the set-up :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How fortitutous!

I am building the same Green Max kit now and I can see how it's supposed to look.

One problem though... the basic building parts were in the kit but it appears that a couple of entire sprues are missing from the box. So the detail parts like the vents that attach to the walls and the crane are not available.

Grrr...

It's a little late to get a refund or exchange as I bought the kit at least 11 years ago... and I don't even remember where, but I'm sure it's out of business...

The good news is that the sprues with the piping and the main tank appear to be here, and that would be a key part of the industry I am building. I have other detail parts I can use, but I'll miss those vents.

DrGeologist

Canadian Down Under
That is an awesome kit. I had never heard of Greenmax until now. But after doing some Google searches I can't really find any of their kits to order. Can you recommend a site or two that stock Greenmax?

Thanks

TexDoc

Dr J,
You might try Neal's N-gauging Trains. He used to carry Greenmax kits. I don't know if they are even available anymore.
I just built a neat Greenmax building that started out as a bus station complete with two buses and detail parts. I'll post a picture of the building tomorrow. It would make a great hanger, too. Greenmax also made vehicle and other kits. I have a garbage truck kit that I have been thinking about finishing. I think these are all 15 years old.